Associate Registrar for Transfer Articulation
York College of Pennsylvania invites applications for the position of Associate Registrar for Transfer Articulation. Reporting directly to the Registrar, the position is responsible for transfer credit evaluation for all students, development of articulation agreements and registration of transfer students. Additional responsibilities include:
- Evaluates and processes, in BANNER, official transcripts of all transfer students who have been accepted to York College of Pennsylvania. The Transfer Articulation module updates the CAPP module with the current information.
- Collaborates with the academic departments on transferability criteria of credits.
- Evaluates and processes, in BANNER, CLEP scores, Advanced Placement scores, IBO scores, military records and Regents/Excelsior College Examination credit.
- Coordinates and evaluates the Off Campus Study Approval process for students attending other institutions who want to receive York College of Pennsylvania credit.
- Works closely with all study abroad students who want to transfer credit back to York College of Pennsylvania. Assists in their preparation and registration of classes.
- Provides detailed information to potential partner colleges in the process of establishing official articulation agreements between the two institutions.
- Update course prefix and number changes to current catalog terms.
- Review feeder institution catalogs for course equivalencies and program into the Banner system and annually post updated transfer equivalencies on the home page for the Registrar’s Office.
- Supervise the CLEP Coordinator and help to manage all functions of the CLEP program.
- Conducts individual appointments with new and transfer students in order to help them register for classes.
- Oversee the registration process for York Country Day School
- Assists the main Registrar’s Office during peak registration periods with scheduling responsibilities.
The ideal candidate must possess a Master’s degree and have a minimum of five years of experience within a Registrar’s Office, Admissions Office or Records Office in an institution of higher education that is directly related to the functions of this position. Experience with the Banner student information system is preferable. Familiarity with college curriculum and degree requirements is desired. Excellent communication skills, organization, accuracy and attention to detail are needed in this position.
Interested candidates should electronically submit a cover letter, resume and contact information for three references.
Review of applications will begin immediately. For full consideration, applications should be received by February 16, 2018.