Assistant Professor, Education
The School of Education at Georgia Southwestern State University is seeking to fill a position for Assistant Professor in the field of Teacher Education. This is a tenure track position. The position is open for applicants with a start date of August 2018. The individual selected for this position will be expected to (1) teach undergraduate courses as assigned, including the introduction to education courses (2) teach graduate courses, as assigned, consistent with the candidate’s expertise and qualifications; (3) advise undergraduate students; and (4) provide service to the School of Education and university.
• Ph.D. or Ed.D. (ABD considered) in Early Childhood Education or Special Education.
• Candidates must be adept in the use of instructional technology and have experience in hybrid/online course development.
• Three or more years teaching grades PK-12 .
• Teaching experience using a variety of formats (e.g. face to face, online, hybrid).
• College/university teaching experience.
• Experience with the supervision of candidates in practicum and internships.
Conditions of Employment:
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating eligibility for employment with Georgia Southwestern State University, as determined by Georgia Southwestern State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check and drug screen.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Georgia Southwestern State University is an equal opportunity employer. As such, the University takes affirmative action to preclude discrimination in recruiting, transferring, training and terminating of employees because of race, color, creed, age, sex, national origin, veterans status, disability or any other reason in accordance with applicable state and federal statutes, executive orders and other regulations which prohibit discriminatory employment practices.