Faculty in Business, with specialty in Finance, and Graduate Program Director
FRESNO PACIFIC UNIVERSITY
FACULTY in Business with a specialty in Finance, and Graduate Program Director
POSITION: Full-time, with faculty rank; continuing status track; 11-month faculty appointment in the School of Business.
STARTING DATE: July 1, 2019 or as soon as a suitable candidate is discerned.
Administrative faculty who reports to the Dean of the School of Business for leadership and management of high quality masters level business programs that achieve approved academic, financial, and community building outcomes and that advance the values of the Fresno Pacific University Idea and the Statement of Faith.
- Teach within the undergraduate degree program in the business core and finance concentration area (upper division);
- Teaching assignments may include graduate programs based on the candidates’ education and previous experience;
- Communicate regularly with program faculty and adjuncts regarding program needs and direction;
- Pursue an active scholarly agenda;
- Oversee program development, direction, review, and coordinate syllabi contents to ensure program-learning outcomes are addressed and achieved;
- Conduct program reviews and annual student learning outcome assessment and process recommendations for program modifications with program faculty;
- Assist in recruiting students, answering inquiries, conducting interviews with potential students, reviewing application files, and making recommendations regarding admittance when requested;
- Coordinate advising/mentoring of students in the major/program;
- Respond to student, faculty and staff requests, needs, complaints and/or grievances as needed in a timely manner;
- Communicate regularly with School of Business staff regarding course schedules and faculty assignments;
- Organize/supervise extra-curricular activities of the major/program;
- Initiate relationships/partnerships with external organizations, agencies, and educational institutions;
- Investigate and apply for grants that will expand the program reach and enhance its effectiveness.
- Earned terminal degree in appropriate field of study;
- Demonstrated success in organizational leadership, management, or administration;
- Demonstrated success for college-level curriculum development and teaching in different instructional modalities including blended and fully online courses with nontraditional adult learners;
- Record or promise of scholarly achievement;
- Ability to work collegially with students, staff, and faculty;
- Ability to teach and work with persons with diverse cultural, religious, political, and educational perspectives;
- Strong relational, oral, and written communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to identify and resolve problems and barriers to organizational success;
- Commitment to the Christian faith and the University’s mission of Christ-centered teaching and learning and involvement in a local church.
- Successful leadership, management, or administration experience;
- Evidence of successful goal setting and achievement under minimal supervision with conditions of ambiguity;
- Identifiable passion for connecting with students;
- Proven ability/desire to pursue socially-impactful application in field;
- Familiarity with Fresno Pacific University and/or the regions where the regional campuses are located;
- Membership in a Mennonite Brethren or Anabaptist congregation.
Fresno Pacific University offers undergraduate and graduate programs that stress solid academic preparation and a strong ethical foundation. Some 4,000 traditional and adult students attend classes on the main campus in southeast Fresno or centers in North Fresno, Visalia, Bakersfield and Merced as well as online. The university also reaches about 10,000 students through professional development studies. FPU has the highest four-year graduation rate of any Central Valley college or university, is a Hispanic Serving Institution, with a Hispanic student population of 44 percent, and is one of the top 10 HSIs nationally in graduating Hispanic students. The Valley’s only comprehensive Christian university granting master’s degrees, the university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges and ranked in the top tier among western universities—master’s category by U.S. News & World Report. FPU is affiliated with the Mennonite Brethren Church, and all employees express a personal Christian commitment and support the Christian mission of the university. A description of the unique quality of FPU as an academic community can be found in the Fresno Pacific University Idea at fresno.edu/about/fpu_idea.
COMPENSATION: Dependent on qualifications and experience, and paid out over 12 months. Full-time benefits include insurance (medical, vision, dental, LTD), retirement (TIAA-CREF), Section 125 options.
APPLICATION: A faculty application is available at http://www.fresno.edu/visitors/careers - the link is in the job description on the FPU website.
Send a letter of application, a completed faculty application form (including personal statements), curriculum vita, three letters of reference (including one pastoral), and transcripts or placement file to:
The Dean of the School of Business
School of Business, Box 2303
Fresno Pacific University
1717 S. Chestnut Avenue
Fresno, CA 93702
OR: email Jessica.Kulzer@fresno.edu
Fresno Pacific University is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, sex, age, or disability. Committed to excellence and actively supportive of cultural diversity, FPU invites individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply.