Vice President of Finance
Vice President of Finance Minimum Position
Education: Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) from an accredited institution or a related field required; Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required; Doctorate Degree from an accredited institution preferred.
Experience: Ten (10) years of experience in financial management and administrative/supervisory experience required; experience in an educational environment preferred; experience in a collective bargaining unit environment preferred; experience as a chief financial officer or equivalent preferred.
Skills: Strong commitment to the philosophy and mission of a comprehensive community college; commitment to participatory management and shared governance; ability to work effectively with a diverse population; ability to plan, develop, implement, and direct all finance needs of the College; ability to work independently and as a team member, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and assign work to others; ability to maintain professionalism, confidentiality, composure and a student-centered focus and attitude while carrying out all job responsibilities; ability to handle sensitive and difficult situations with tact and diplomacy; ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment with multi-faceted duties; solid mathematical and accounting skills necessary to compute budgets and financial reports; strong leadership, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills; strong knowledge of Microsoft Office and Internet usage for research and communication.
Essential Job Functions:
• Serve as chief financial officer of the College, taking responsibility for receipt of all income and payment of all obligations.
• Advise the President and Board of Trustees of the financial condition of the College.
• Provide for adequate insurance coverage for all College property and administer selected plans for the protection of personnel.
• Prepare the annual operating budget as directed by the President in cooperation with College administrators.
• Oversee the cash management and investment policy of the College.
• Maintain an accurate and up-to-date accounting system for all College funds, in compliance with rules and regulations of the various funding agencies, work with auditors from the state and federal government as well as certified public accountants to assure that proper policies, procedures, and regulations are followed.
• Establish and maintain effective communication system and act as liaison with the State, the County, and Federal agencies concerned with the financial aspects of the College.
• Participates in facilities master planning specifically the oversight and management of the allocated budget and local and state funding sources.
• Responsible for the College’s purchasing operation. • Oversee the management of the College Bookstore and Food Services.
• Provides oversight regarding College contracts with outside agencies, institutions and individuals.
• Provides analysis of income and expenses related to programs, functions, or service areas.
• Develop, coordinate and maintain a college-wide system for budget requests and conduct a variety of analytical studies as needed.
• Assist the President in formulating the business policies to be recommended to the Board of Trustees.
• Coordinate Strategic, Institutional Effectiveness and Outcomes plans for the Finance Division.
• Prepare reports and presentations for submission to the President, the Board of Trustees, and other College constituencies.
• Attend all College Board of Trustees Meetings.
• Serve as a member of the President’s Leadership Team, assisting with major decisions of the College.
• Supervises staff, assigns work and work schedules, adjusts priorities, has final authority on approval/disapproval of leave, conducts performance evaluation of staff makes recommendations for hiring and/or termination and problem resolution.
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Annual Salary - $ 101,632.29
How to Apply:
To ensure full consideration, application materials should be received no later than Monday, March 5, 2018. The position will remain open until filled. This is a confidential search process. Candidates will need to have the following information or materials available to complete the application: 1. A completed Candidate Summary sheet that can be found on the left-hand side of the ACCT Searches web page. 2. A letter of application that succinctly addresses the Position Description and demonstrates how the candidate’s experience and professional qualifications prepare them to serve the needs of Vice President of Finance (not to exceed 5 pages). 3. A current resume including an email address and cellular telephone number. NOTE: Candidates must combine their candidate summary sheet, cover letter, and resume into a single PDF file. 4. Candidates will follow the prompts they are given while completing the application form. Candidates must input eight references: three supervisors, two direct reports and three faculty members from current or former institutions.
Go to http://www.acctsearches.org to apply and to upload documents. For additional information, nominations or confidential inquiries please contact:
• Julie Golder, J.D., Board Services Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, 202-775-4466 (office) or 202- 384-5816 (mobile)
• Jennifer Nunez, Search Services Specialist, email@example.com, (202) 775-4458 (office) *An ACCT Search*