Director of Admissions
- Position Title: Director of Admissions and Enrollment at California Northstate University College of Health Sciences (CNUCHS) in Rancho Cordova, CA.
Full-time, exempt, $65,000 DOEJob Purpose
Leads and coordinates the application activities for undergraduate, post-baccalaureate and combined programs offered by the CNUCHS. Responsible for providing information to potential students, utilizing specific knowledge of the university, colleges, educational programs, and degrees. Manages and coordinates enrollment of admitted and continuing students based on evaluation of coursework, Advanced Placement exams, and International Baccalaureate coursework completed. Assesses the admission process and creates, updates and implements admission policies and procedures. Participates in recruitment activities and makes presentations to schools, colleges, and community agencies.Reporting Relationship
The Director of Admissions and Enrollment reports to the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs and Admissions at CHS and works collaboratively with admissions personnel in the other colleges of the university.Responsibilities:
Applications for Admission (75%)
- Answers questions from prospective students and parents regarding CHS programs, curriculum, applications, admissions, and CNU colleges.
- Receives and reviews admission applications for completeness and accuracy; Processes applications for admission and compiles necessary materials for student files.
- Evaluates high school transcripts; calculates unweighted GPAs.
- Evaluates college transcripts and determines course articulation.
- Calculates super score for SAT exams.
- Verifies college science/math GPAs for post-baccalaureate applications.
- Creates record keeping system for applications and supporting materials.
- Enters all applicant data into computer databases.
- Updates applicant records and maintains database information.
- Tracks and follows up on incomplete applications.
- Communicates with applicants providing information on application status.
- Prepares materials for the Admissions Committee’s review.
- Works with Chair or Vice Chair of the Admissions Committee to review applications for admission.
- Sends out a series of letters (e.g. deny and acceptance) and admissions packet to applicants.
- Supports Student Affairs team in functions related to admission interviews.
- Prepares weekly admission reports and other admission-related materials (submitted to the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs and Admissions and the Dean on a weekly basis).
- Conducts research focused on admission data and student success in the program.
- Oversight of the collection and recording of matriculation documentation.
- Provide staff and faculty with prerequisite course review and acceptance guidance as needed.
- Develops course equivalency/articulation for feeder institutions of the College.
- Develops individualized curriculum plans for matriculating students.
- Assigns faculty advisor to admitted students.
- Manages enrollment data and statistics.
Recruitment and Events (5%)
- Participates in admissions recruitment by planning College Visit Days for prospective students.
- Speaks to individuals and groups of prospective and current students about CHS programs.
- Communicates with high school, community college and university counselors.
- Responds to telephone and email inquiries, and makes appropriate referrals.
- Plans and coordinates New Student Orientation.
- Assists with financial aid workshops, open house events, and other activities in conjunction with the Office of Student Affairs.
Other Duties (5%)
- Works collaboratively with Office of Financial Aid, the Business Office, the Registrar’s Office, Information Technology, and Administrative Assistants.
- Prepares reports and proposals, respond to inquiries from students and outside agencies.
- Recommends methods and procedures to enhance operations, as appropriate to the unit.
- Attends and supports meetings as assigned.
- Performs other administrative and miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint; and Skype
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills (with students, faculty, staff, public, etc.)
- Commitment student success and professional excellence
- Proficiency in CAMS, the Comprehensive Academic Management System (CAMS) or other Student Information System software, and Certaphi, or other medical document management services.
- Familiarity with the certification, diploma, and degree programs of the University.
- Familiarity with CNU’s policies and procedures for admission and financial aid.
- Prefer some knowledge and/or experience in student affairs.
- Skilled in organizing and coordinating multiple tasks, projects and priorities.
- Ability to analyze course prerequisites, certification, and/or curriculum/graduation requirements.
- Ability to use independent judgment to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and orally.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short and long range goals.
- Skill in the configuration and use of computerized database programs.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Legal work status in the USA
- Valid California driver’s license
- Reliable transportation to drive between multiple CNU campuses, and other colleges.
- Ability to pass a background check
- Ability to lift 20 – 30 pounds
- Cover letter of interest that address qualifications, experience, and career goals
- Curriculum vita and/or resume with month and year of employment
- Names, addresses and telephone number of at least three (3) references who can be contacted by the Search Committee. These references are to speak to a broad range of candidate’s professional qualifications.
Please e-mail application materials to the HR Department. Review of applicants will begin immediately; and will continue until position is filled. Anticipated start date is Jan 2018.
California Northstate University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Apply for Director of Admissions
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly