Assistant Director/Coordinator of Admissions & Enrollment
The College of Health Sciences at California Northstate University seeks an Assistant Director or Coordinator of Admissions and Enrollment. The job classification for the person hired will be dependent on their qualifications and experience. This is not a recruiter position but, rather, a position for an admissions professional who will oversee application processing, interpretation of application materials, enrollment, articulation, and record keeping.
- Position Title
Assistant Director or Coordinator of Admissions and Enrollment (Depending on Experience) at California Northstate University College of Health Sciences (CNUCHS) in Rancho Cordova, CA.Classification
Full-time, exempt, $3,467/mo. ($41,600) to $4,167/mo. ($50,004)Job Purpose
Leads and/or coordinates the application and enrollment activities for undergraduate, post-baccalaureate and combined programs offered by the CNUCHS. Prepares applications for Admissions Committee consideration by ensuring GPA calculations are correct and that entrance exam scores are received. Coordinates enrollment of admitted and continuing students based on evaluation of coursework, Advanced Placement exams, and International Baccalaureate coursework completed. Updates and implements admission policies and procedures. While the Coordinator is not a college recruiter, they will still be responsible for providing information to potential students, utilizing specific knowledge of the university, colleges, educational programs, and degrees and will participate in some recruitment activities and make presentations to schools, colleges, and community agencies.
The Assistant Director/Coordinator of Admissions and Enrollment reports to the Assistant Dean of Student Affairs and Admissions at CHS and works collaboratively with admissions personnel in the other colleges of the university.Responsibilities:
Applications for Admission (80%)
- Supports Student Affairs team in functions related to admission.
- Receives and reviews admission applications for completeness and accuracy
- Processes applications for admission and compiles necessary materials for student files.
- Evaluates high school transcripts; calculates unweighted GPAs.
- Evaluates college transcripts and recommends course articulation.
- Calculates “super score” for SAT exams.
- Verifies college science/math GPAs for post-baccalaureate applications.
- Maintains record keeping system for applications and supporting materials.
- Prepares materials for the Admissions Committee’s review.
- Prepares weekly admission reports and other admission-related materials.
- Oversees the collection and recording of matriculation documentation.
- Coordinates prerequisite course review and acceptance guidance.
- Enters and updates applicant data into computer databases.
- Communicates with applicants providing information on application status including tracking and following up on incomplete applications.
- Assists with course equivalency/articulation for feeder institutions of the College.
- Sends out a series of letters (deny and acceptance) and admissions packet to applicants.
- Answers questions from prospective students and parents regarding CHS programs, curriculum, applications, admissions, and CNU colleges.
- Recommends individualized curriculum plans for matriculating students.
- Assigns faculty advisor to admitted students.
- Assists with enrollment data and statistics.
Other Duties (5%)
- Works collaboratively with Office of Financial Aid, the Business Office, the Registrar’s Office, Information Technology, and Administrative Assistants.
- Recommends methods and procedures to enhance operations, as appropriate to the unit.
- Attends and supports meetings as assigned.
- Performs other administrative and miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Recruitment and Events (5%)
- Participates in admissions recruitment, e.g. student visits to college for prospective students.
- Speaks to individuals and groups of prospective and current students about CHS programs.
- Communicates with high school, community college and university counselors.
- Responds to telephone and email inquiries, and makes appropriate referrals.
- Plans and coordinates New Student Orientation and other events as needed.
- Assists with financial aid workshops, open house events, and other activities in conjunction with the Office of Student Affairs.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel and PowerPoint; and Skype
- Exceptional interpersonal communication skills (with students, faculty, staff, public, etc.)
- Some knowledge and/or experience in student affairs.
- Commitment to student success and professional excellence
- Master’s degree
- Proficiency in Student Information System software (e.g. CAMS, the Comprehensive Academic Management System (CAMS), and medical document management services (e.g. Certaphi).
- Familiarity with the certification, diploma, and degree programs of the University.
- Familiarity with CNU’s policies and procedures for admission and financial aid.
- Skilled in organizing and coordinating multiple tasks, projects and priorities.
- Ability to analyze course prerequisites, certification, and/or curriculum/graduation requirements.
- Ability to use independent judgment to manage and impart confidential information.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to develop, plan, and implement short and long range goals.
- Skill in the configuration and use of computerized database programs.
- Ability to work in a team-based environment.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare reports.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Legal work status in the USA
- Valid California driver’s license
- Reliable transportation to drive between multiple CNU campuses, and other colleges.
- Ability to pass a background check
- Ability to lift 20 – 30 pounds
- Cover letter of interest that address qualifications, experience, and career goals
- Curriculum vita and/or resume with month and year of employment
- Names, addresses and telephone number of at least three (3) references who can be contacted by the Search Committee. These references are to speak to a broad range of candidate’s professional qualifications.
Please e-mail application materials to the HR Department Review of applicants will begin immediately; and will continue until position is filled. Anticipated start date is April 2018.
California Northstate University is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Apply for Assistant Director/Coordinator of Admissions & Enrollment
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly