Culinary Arts Instructor
The Culinary Arts Instructor facilitates courses in the Culinary Arts program. The successful candidate will prepare and equip culinary students for careers in the hospitality and food service industries while providing a unique combination of comprehensive theoretical knowledge and skills. The Culinary Arts instructor will teach a wide variety of courses within the program, such as meat fabrication, baking and pastry, introductory knife skills, and charcuterie. In addition, the faculty member will participate in department activities, institutional committee assignments, and appropriate professional development activities relevant for the position as well as provide academic counseling and guidance to students. The successful candidate will be active in recruiting students into the Culinary Arts and Hospitality programs. The ideal candidate will have leadership skills and teaching experience. This position is located on the Sheridan College campus.
Oversees the operation of the Wyoming Culinary Institute laboratory kitchen on Thursday’s and Fridays.
- Work cooperatively with other college faculty
- Work with the division chair in scheduling courses
- Maintain office hours.
- Engage in standard faculty activities, including, but not limited to, developing new curricula, professional development directed towards the improvement of learning, recruiting and advising students, and serving on college committees as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Capable of teaching a variety of culinary/hospitality related classes;
- Ability to apply modern hospitality theory in restaurant and catering service industries.
- Commitment to the community college mission and technical education.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to collaborate with community stakeholders and advisory boards
- Knowledge in curriculum design and teaching pedagogy.
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Ability to manage time and responsibilities
- Ability to engage students
- Background and/or training as a commercial cook or chef.
- Post-secondary education required (Certificate or AAS). B.S. preferred.
- Industry and teaching experience preferred.
- Preferred: TIPS Trainer, Certified Restaurant Server, Certified Hospitality Educator, Certified Food and Beverage Executive
- Certified Executive Chef preferred
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Kitchen laboratory/classroom working environment.
- Some evening/weekend work required.
- Must be able to stand for at least five hours.
- Must be able to life 50 lbs. or more.
- Off premise catering duties possible
- Employer paid retirement plan (16.37% employer paid; .25% employee paid)
- Group Health, Dental and Life Insurance, including Flex Benefits
- Four days per year paid personal leave
- Paid medical, emergency and bereavement leave
- Employee and family tuition waivers
- Three free meals per week in modern campus dining facility
- Free easy-access parking
- Collaborative work environment
- Onsite fitness center and walking track
- Verizon, Microsoft, Dell and HP employee discounts
- Professional development
Sheridan College is located in historic Sheridan, WY at the foot of the beautiful Big Horn Mountains, minutes away from a variety of outdoor recreational activities. Sheridan is ranked "America's Top Western Town" by True West magazine and is a vibrant community. Sheridan College is a vital component in the community.
Gillette College is located in Gillette, WY, the county seat of Campbell County. Located midway between the Big Horn Mountains to the West and the Black Hills of South Dakota to the east. Gillette is a growing, family-friendly community and enjoys a very strong economy due to energy-related industries located there.
Apply online at: https://jobs.sheridan.edu