Research Fellow (2 Positions Available), School for the Environment
The Research Fellow (2 positions available) within the School for the Environment will be responsible for assisting and contributing to on-going environmental data and environmental research. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Participate in the evaluation of environmental products and the production of advanced image data products for climate and carbon modeling;
- Assist in mentoring and training junior graduate students and training them in geographic data manipulation techniques;
- Review journal articles and actively publish in scientific literature;
- Participate in scientific conferences and provide outreach lecturers;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
PhD and a strong environmental science background required. Experience with geographic image processing and data manipulation. Experience with journal and grant proposal writing. Proven record of publication is required. Field experience and expertise in utilizing environmental data in various climate/biogeochemical/hydrologic monitoring and modeling frameworks is desirable.
Please apply online with your resume, cover letter, and list of three professional work references.
- Professional Non-Union.
- Full time. Benefited.
- 2 positions available.
- Grant funded until 12/21/2022; contingent on renewal.
- Hiring salary range: $50,000-$60,000.
Review of candidates will begin following the application closing date.
Closing date for applications: March 1, 2018.
The University of Massachusetts Boston provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military status, or genetic information. In addition to federal law requirements, the University of Massachusetts Boston complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the university operates. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment. Among the procedures which may be used to select personnel to fill vacant positions are review of work experience, reference checks, and interviews. All appointments and promotions will be effective on a Sunday.