The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking an Instructor, Nutrition/Health for Chabot College in Hayward, California.
This position reports directly to the Division Dean.
Job Title Instructor, Nutrition/Health
Position Type Faculty
Position Code 2FHS06
Pay Rate (or Annual Salary) $57,665 - $88,687/annual
Job Location Chabot College, 25555 Hesperian Blvd., Hayward, CA 94545
Department Health Sciences, P.E. and Athletics
1. Ability to teach Nutrition courses at college level;
2. Demonstrated ability to teach at least one of the following areas: Nutrition, Human Sexuality, and/or Women’s Health at college level;
3. Teach late afternoon, evening, distance education and/or off-campus classes when scheduled as part of the regular teaching assignment;
4. Provide instruction in accordance with established Chabot College approved curriculum and course outlines for nutrition and health;
5. Ability to develop, maintain and evaluate curriculum;
6. Familiarity and experience with the use of technology in the classroom, including but not limited to Blackboard and/or Canvas and its application in a learning environment;
7. Willingness to participate in professional development activities, which may include, but are not limited to, committee membership, development of curriculum and new instructional approaches, staff meetings and community outreach in accordance with the college policy;
8. Interact with faculty and staff in areas of instruction and participate in the development of instructional methods, technology, and materials;
9. Prepare and grade class assignments and evaluations;
10. Post and maintain adequate and regular office hours in accordance with prevailing policy;
11. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing;
12. Ability to interact successfully with others;
13. Evidence of a sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities.
Minimum Education and Experience
Master’s in nutrition, dietetics or dietetics and food administration
Bachelor’s in any of the above
Master’s in chemistry, public health or family and consumer studies/home economics
OR the equivalent.
(NOTE: A bachelor’s in nutrition, dietetics, or dietetics and food administration, and certification as a registered dietitian, is an alternative qualification for this discipline.)
You will be required to upload your transcripts. You must upload all applicable transcripts, credentials and/or certificates required to meet minimum qualifications for the position for which you are applying. Any degrees earned outside the United States must have an official US evaluation (course by course) of the transcripts and must be submitted with the application. In the case that the file you are uploading is too large or you do not have your transcripts readily available, please upload a document in place of stating you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, or by fax (925) 485-5254, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
*Degrees in Progress: To be conferred on or before July 1, 2018 will be considered, provided that the applicant also submits (1) an up-to-date transcript, (2) a photocopy of the degree requirement from the school catalog, and (3) proof of current course(s) and enrollment. Please provide your explanation and background material by using the optional document upload called “Other Document”. If you are unable to upload the above, please upload a document in its place and state you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
Applicants applying under the “Equivalent provision” must provide details that explain at time of application how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degree listed above. Please provide your explanation by using the optional document upload called “Equivalency Statement”.
Job Work Schedule
This position is full-time, tenure track, beginning Fall 2018. Employment will begin on or about August 16, 2018.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES WHO ARE UNABLE TO CARRY OUT THE PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES OF THE POSITION WILL RECEIVE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO ENABLE THEM TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number F46P
Open Date 01/30/2018
Close Date 03/02/2018
Open Until Filled No
Notification to Applicants
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position.
Instructions for Personal Qualifications Statement
The purpose of the personal qualifications statement is for you to provide information on how your education and experience relate to the requirements and duties of the position. There is no form to complete. Applicants are requested to provide their personal qualifications statement by uploading a document, the same way as you do for your cover letter.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- Personal Qualifications Statement
- Other Document
- Equivalency Statement
CHABOT-LAS POSITAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER