Instructor, Business (2 Positions)
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking to fill two Instructor, Business positions for Las Positas College in Livermore, California.
This position reports directly to the Division Dean.
Job Title Instructor, Business (2 Positions)
Position Type Faculty
Position Code 3FBU08/3FBU13
Pay Rate (or Annual Salary) $62,035 - $88,687/annual
Job Location Las Positas College, 3000 Campus Hill Dr., Livermore, CA 94551
Department Kinesiology/Athletics, Health & Business
1. Primary expertise teaching in two or more of the following subject matter areas: General Business, Business Law, Management, Marketing, International Business, and Small Business Management. While teaching General Accounting, Financial and Managerial Accounting, Business Math, Federal Tax, payroll, and similar courses may be possible, those subject areas are not the predominant focus of this position.
2. Demonstrated ability to design and implement innovative teaching methodologies in the above-mentioned fields and phases of curriculum.
3. Demonstrated ability to adapt instructional techniques to accommodate varied learning styles and a variety of teaching modalities, including distance learning.
4. Demonstrated knowledge of methods of instruction, testing, and evaluation of students.
5. Commitment to working with administrators, faculty, and staff to increase support and success for students.
6. Demonstrated ability to contribute to the total oepration of the instruction program, including Department, Division, and College responsibilities.
7. Demonstrated ability to communicate with students, staff, peers, and administrators clearly, effectively, and professionally in both oral and written form.
8. Availability to teach morning, afternoon, evening, weekend, distance learning, and/or off-campus classes, when scheduled, as part of the regular teaching assignment.
9. Professionally represent Las Positas College and the Business Department when attending community and business meetings, events, and activities.
10. Evidence of a sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical and learning disabilities.
Minimum Education and Experience
Master’s in business, business management, business administration, accountancy, finance, marketing or business education
Bachelor’s in any of the above
Master’s in economics, personnel management, public administration, or JD or LL.B. degree
Bachelor’s in economics with a business emphasis
Master’s in personnel management, public administration, or JD or LL.B. degree
OR the equivalent.
You will be required to upload your transcripts. You must upload all applicable transcripts, credentials and/or certificates required to meet minimum qualifications for the position for which you are applying. Any degrees earned outside the United States must have an official US evaluation (course by course) of the transcripts and must be submitted with the application. In the case that the file you are uploading is too large or you do not have your transcripts readily available, please upload a document in place of stating you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, or by fax (925) 485-5254, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
*Degrees in Progress: To be conferred on or before July 1, 2018 will be considered, provided that the applicant also submits (1) an up-to-date transcript, (2) a photocopy of the degree requirement from the school catalog, and (3) proof of current course(s) and enrollment. Please provide your explanation and background material by using the optional document upload called “Other Document”. If you are unable to upload the above, please upload a document in its place and state you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
Applicants applying under the “Equivalent provision” must provide details that explain at time of application how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degree listed above. Please provide your explanation by using the optional document upload called “Equivalency Statement”.
1. The equivalent of at least three years recent teaching experience at the college level in general business or related field.
2. Teaching experience with adult learners and diverse socio-cultutal-economic populations in a wide variety of business and educational settings.
3. At least three years of recent business experience in a leadership role.
4. Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications including spreadsheets and word processing.
5. One to three years developing and assessing Student Learning Outcomes.
Job Work Schedule
This position is full-time, tenure track, beginning Fall 2018. Employment will begin on or about August 16, 2018.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES WHO ARE UNABLE TO CARRY OUT THE PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES OF THE POSITION WILL RECEIVE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO ENABLE THEM TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number F48P
Open Date 02/01/2018
Close Date 03/02/2018
Open Until Filled No
Notification to Applicants
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position.
Instructions for Personal Qualifications Statement
The purpose of the personal qualifications statement is for you to provide information on how your education and experience relate to the requirements and duties of the position. There is no form to complete. Applicants are requested to provide their personal qualifications statement by uploading a document, the same way as you do for your cover letter.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Please provide a list of all Business (and related) Courses you have taught, developed or updated curriculum for in the past five years. Upload a document and submit using the applicant document called "Response to Supplemental Question 1."
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- Personal Qualifications Statement
- Response to Supplemental Question 1
- Other Document
- Equivalency Statement
CHABOT-LAS POSITAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER