The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking an Instructor, History for Las Positas College in Livermore, California.
This position reports directly to the Division Dean.
Job Title Instructor, History
Position Type Faculty
Position Code 3FSS20
Pay Rate (or Annual Salary) $62,035 - $88,687/annual
Job Location Las Positas College, 3000 Campus Hill Dr., Livermore, CA 94551
Department Computing, Applied Technolgy & Social Sciences
1. Teach college-level courses in World History, United States History and other history courses as assigned.
2. Experience teaching college-level History.
3. Demonstrate enthusiasm for teaching.
4. Commitment to ongoing professional development in the field of History.
5. Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
6. Demonstrate an interest in developing new curriculum.
7. Participate in campus professional and collegial activities including, but not limited to, committee membership, staff meetings, articulation with four-year colleges and universities, and community outreach.
8. Adapt instructional methods to accommodate various learning styles and abilities, teach online.
9. Teach late afternoon, evening and/or off campus when scheduled as part of the regular teaching assignment.
10. Interact successfully with other faculty, staff, and administrators.
11. Generate student interest in History.
12. Work on assessment and Student Learning Outcomes related to curriculum and programs.
13. Evidence of a sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities.
Minimum Education and Experience
Master’s in history
Bachelor’s in history
Master’s in political science, humanities, geography, area studies, women’s studies, social science or ethnic studies
OR the equivalent.
You will be required to upload your transcripts. You must upload all applicable transcripts, credentials and/or certificates required to meet minimum qualifications for the position for which you are applying. Any degrees earned outside the United States must have an official US evaluation (course by course) of the transcripts and must be submitted with the application. In the case that the file you are uploading is too large or you do not have your transcripts readily available, please upload a document in place of stating you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, or by fax (925) 485-5254, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
*Degrees in Progress: To be conferred on or before July 1, 2018 will be considered, provided that the applicant also submits (1) an up-to-date transcript, (2) a photocopy of the degree requirement from the school catalog, and (3) proof of current course(s) and enrollment. Please provide your explanation and background material by using the optional document upload called “Other Document”. If you are unable to upload the above, please upload a document in its place and state you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
Applicants applying under the “Equivalent provision” must provide details that explain at time of application how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degree listed above. Please provide your explanation by using the optional document upload called “Equivalency Statement”.
1. Doctorate in History or related discipline.
2. Demonstrated ability to develop and teach courses in one or more of the following areas: World History, Native American History, History of Latin America, History of Asia, History of Africa.
3. Demonstrated ability to develop and teach Distance Education courses.
Job Work Schedule
This position is full-time, tenure track, beginning Fall 2018. Employment will begin on or about August 16, 2018.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES WHO ARE UNABLE TO CARRY OUT THE PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES OF THE POSITION WILL RECEIVE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO ENABLE THEM TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number F44P
Open Date 01/29/2018
Close Date 02/26/2018
Open Until Filled No
Notification to Applicants
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position.
Instructions for Personal Qualifications Statement
The purpose of the personal qualifications statement is for you to provide information on how your education and experience relate to the requirements and duties of the position, specifically the ability to develop and teach World History courses. There is no form to complete. Applicants are requested to provide their personal qualifications statement by uploading a document, the same way as you do for your cover letter.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- Personal Qualifications Statement
- Other Document
- Equivalency Statement
CHABOT-LAS POSITAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER