The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking a Librarian for Las Positas College in Livermore, California.
This position reports directly to the Division Dean.
Full-time Las Positas College library faculty are expected to oversee one or more areas, such as information literacy instruction, technology and system administration, collection development, public services, technical services and/or the overall coordination of library services and operations. In addition, all full-time library faculty provide reference service, information literacy instruction, and collection development. While previous library experience is not required, we are looking for a potential leader who can take charge of certain library functions with a minimum amount of training and supervision, and who can also work collaboratively in a team environment.
Job Title Librarian
Position Type Faculty
Position Code 3FLR05
Pay Rate (or Annual Salary) $62,035 - $88,687/annual
Job Location Las Positas College, 3000 Campus Hill Dr., Livermore, CA 94551
Department Computing, Applied Technolgy & Social Sciences
1. Assist with coordination of library operations and services.
2. Provide leadership in developing and integrating an information literacy program across the curriculum.
3. Facilitate the use and operation of electronic library resources, including web based resources and the automated library management system.
4. Provide reference services using traditional and electronic resources.
5. Teach library orientations and other credit courses offered by the library.
6. Assist in the development and administration of library policies and procedures.
7. Provide coverage in the late afternoon, evening, and weekends when scheduled as part of the regular library assignment. This position will include working multiple evening and weekend shifts.
8. Participate in outreach to promote library services throughout campus.
9. Assist in the supervision and evaluation of classified staff.
10. Sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical and learning disabilities.
11. Participate in campus professional activities, which may include, but are not limited to, committee membership, development of curriculum and new instructional approaches, staff meetings, and community outreach.
12. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Minimum Education and Experience
Master’s in library science, library and information science,
OR the equivalent.
You will be required to upload your transcripts. You must upload all applicable transcripts, credentials and/or certificates required to meet minimum qualifications for the position for which you are applying. Any degrees earned outside the United States must have an official US evaluation (course by course) of the transcripts and must be submitted with the application. In the case that the file you are uploading is too large or you do not have your transcripts readily available, please upload a document in place of stating you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, or by fax (925) 485-5254, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
*Degrees in Progress: To be conferred on or before July 1, 2018 will be considered, provided that the applicant also submits (1) an up-to-date transcript, (2) a photocopy of the degree requirement from the school catalog, and (3) proof of current course(s) and enrollment. Please provide your explanation and background material by using the optional document upload called “Other Document”. If you are unable to upload the above, please upload a document in its place and state you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
Applicants applying under the “Equivalent provision” must provide details that explain at time of application how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degree listed above. Please provide your explanation by using the optional document upload called “Equivalency Statement”.
1. Knowledge of all aspects of library operations, including technological applications, budget preparation and management, and cataloging/technical processing.
2. Ability to collaborate with library staff, faculty, and administrators.
3. Ability to integrate social media into library services.
4. Ability to teach information literacy and provide information services with traditional resources and emerging technologies.
5. Knowledge of current teaching pedagogies and experience designing and implementing active learning activities in face-to-face and online environments.
6. Experience creating library research guides, including content for web pages, online and print instructional documentation and other library resource tools.
7. Knowledge of content management systems.
8. Knowledge of student learning outcomes including design, assessment and evaluation.
9. Experience with an integrated online library system, including circulation, acquisitions, cataloging, and administrative modules.
10. Ability to assist in maintenance of library webpages.
11. Ability to develop outreach programs.
12. Strong service orientation and the ability to work effectively in collaborative, team environment.
13. Ability and desire to perform a wide variety of academic library tasks as needed.
Job Work Schedule
This position is full-time, tenure track, beginning Fall 2018. Employment will begin on or about August 16, 2018.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES WHO ARE UNABLE TO CARRY OUT THE PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES OF THE POSITION WILL RECEIVE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO ENABLE THEM TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number F45P
Open Date 01/29/2018
Close Date 02/26/2018
Open Until Filled No
Notification to Applicants
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position.
Instructions for Personal Qualifications Statement
The purpose of the personal qualifications statement is for you to provide information on how your education and experience relate to the requirements and duties of the position. There is no form to complete. Applicants are requested to provide their personal qualifications statement by uploading a document, the same way as you do for your cover letter.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
What are the challenges of providing reference and instruction services in multiple environments? What solutions would you recommend? Limit your response to 300 words.
(Open Ended Question)
How might you apply the ACRL framework for information literacy to the community college environment? Limit your response to 300 words.
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- Personal Qualifications Statement
- Other Document
- Equivalency Statement
CHABOT-LAS POSITAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER