The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking an Instructor, Chemistry for Chabot College in Hayward, California.
This position reports directly to the Division Dean.
Job Title Instructor, Chemistry
Position Type Faculty
Position Code 2FSM13
Pay Rate (or Annual Salary) $62,035 - $88,687/annual
Job Location Chabot College, 25555 Hesperian Blvd., Hayward, CA 94545
Department Science and Mathematics
1. Ability and willingness to teach a wide range of lower-division chemistry lectures and laboratories.
2. Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
3. Ability to work with computer-based instruction.
4. Ability to modify and enhance instructional methodology to accommodate varied learning styles and abilities, including those with physical or learning disabilities.
5. Ability to develop curriculum and curricular materials.
6. Commitment to working successfully as a team with other Chemistry instructors and colleagues.
7. Teach late afternoon, evening, weekend, distance learning, and/or off-campus classes when scheduled as part of the regular teaching assignment.
8. Participate in campus professional activities, which may include, but are not limited to, committee membership, staff development, collegial meetings and community outreach.
9. Evidence of sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical and learning disabilities.
Minimum Education and Experience
Master’s in chemistry
Bachelor’s in chemistry or biochemistry
Master’s in biochemistry, chemical engineering, chemical physics, physics, molecular biology or geochemistry
OR the equivalent.
You will be required to upload your transcripts. You must upload all applicable transcripts, credentials and/or certificates required to meet minimum qualifications for the position for which you are applying. Any degrees earned outside the United States must have an official US evaluation (course by course) of the transcripts and must be submitted with the application. In the case that the file you are uploading is too large or you do not have your transcripts readily available, please upload a document in place of stating you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, or by fax (925) 485-5254, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
*Degrees in Progress: To be conferred on or before July 1, 2018 will be considered, provided that the applicant also submits (1) an up-to-date transcript, (2) a photocopy of the degree requirement from the school catalog, and (3) proof of current course(s) and enrollment. Please provide your explanation and background material by using the optional document upload called “Other Document”. If you are unable to upload the above, please upload a document in its place and state you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
Applicants applying under the “Equivalent provision” must provide details that explain at time of application how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degree listed above. Please provide your explanation by using the optional document upload called “Equivalency Statement”.
1. Previous teaching experience in chemistry at the college level.
2. Ability to teach majors level organic chemistry desired but, not required.
Job Work Schedule
This position is full-time, tenure track, beginning Fall 2018. Employment will begin on or about August 16, 2018.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES WHO ARE UNABLE TO CARRY OUT THE PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES OF THE POSITION WILL RECEIVE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO ENABLE THEM TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number F51P
Open Date 02/02/2018
Close Date 03/05/2018
Open Until Filled No
Notification to Applicants
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position.
Instructions for Personal Qualifications Statement
The purpose of the personal qualifications statement is for you to provide information on how your education and experience relate to the requirements and duties of the position. There is no form to complete. Applicants are requested to provide their personal qualifications statement by uploading a document, the same way as you do for your cover letter.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Please list all undergraduate and graduate level chemistry courses, the year each course was taken, and the grade received in each course. This should be presented in a table format. It is not sufficient to say "see transcripts." Upload a document and submit using the applicant document called "Response to Supplemental Question 1."
(Open Ended Question)
After reviewing the Chabot College catalog, briefly discuss which course would be your favorite course to teach and why. Limit your response to 300 words, and if more space is needed, upload a document and submit using the applicant document called "Response to Supplemental Question 2."
(Open Ended Question)
Describe two contributions you could make to Chabot College other than the classroom teaching responsibilities. Limit your response to 300 words, and if more space is needed, upload a document and submit using the applicant document called "Response to Supplemental Question 3."
(Open Ended Question)
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- Personal Qualifications Statement
- Response to Supplemental Question 1
- Other Document
- Equivalency Statement
- Response to Supplemental Question 2
- Response to Supplemental Question 3
CHABOT-LAS POSITAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER