Instructor, Nursing (Medical Surgical - 2 Positions)
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking to fill two Instructor, Nursing (Medical Surgical) positions for Chabot College in Hayward, California.
The positions report directly to the Division Dean.
Job Title Instructor, Nursing (Medical Surgical - 2 Positions)
Position Type Faculty
Position Code 2FHS10/2FHS15
Pay Rate (or Annual Salary) $64,993 - $88,687/annual
Job Location Chabot College, 25555 Hesperian Blvd., Hayward, CA 94545
Department Health Sciences, P.E. and Athletics
In the role of clinical instructor the instructor shall:
1. Provide instruction in accordance with established Chabot College approved curriculum and course outlines for medical surgical nursing in theory and clinical practice.
2. Maintain currency in the field of medical surgical nursing and application of QSEN.
3. Ability to work in clinical setting two days per week, days and evening schedule as required.
4. Familiarity with simulation techniques for medical surgical applications.
5. Familiarity with hospital electronic charting requirements.
6. Typically be assigned 15 CAH (Article 10 of faculty contract) of lecture, skills and clinical hours of student contact time. The instructor shall have the ability to work the required full-time schedule consisting of approximately 37.5 hours per week which includes office hours as required (Article 10D.3). This includes the ability to work the required full-time schedule consisting of 15 lecture hours of student contact time, up to 15.0 hours in clinical setting and office hours.
7. Inform students about course requirements, evaluation procedures and attendance requirements.
8. Supervisory experience of students in a clinical setting and skills lab.
9. Ability to develop, maintain, and evaluate curriculum and student ability to meet program standards.
10. Function as a liaison with clinical facility personnel and other outside agencies to establish and maintain clinical rotations.
11. Willingness to participate in professional development, student and other educational activities in accordance with the college policy.
12. Develop and maintain, and evaluate curriculum.
13. Interact with faculty and staff in areas of instruction and participate in the development of instructional methods, technology, and materials.
14. Prepare and grade class assignments and evaluations based on nursing program standards.
15. Post and maintain adequate and regular office hours in accordance with prevailing policy.
16. Evidence of a sensitivity to and an understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities.
17. Patient Care or equivalent experience and/or education as determined by the California Board of Registered Nursing.
Minimum Education and Experience
1. Master’s Degree** in Nursing or higher from an accredited college or university, which includes course in nursing, education or administration of nursing practices.a. *Degrees in Progress: To be conferred on or before July 1, 2018 will be considered, provided that the applicant also submits (1) an up-to-date transcript, (2) a photocopy of the degree requirement from the school catalog, and (3) proof of current course(s) and enrollment. Please provide your explanation and background material by using the optional document upload called “Other Document”. If you are unable to upload the above, please upload a document in its place and state you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
2. Appointment to this position contingent upon approval by the California Board of Registered Nursing (BRN). 1425.1 and 1424(g)a. Completion of at least one year’s experience teaching courses related to medical surgical nursing or a course which includes practice in teaching. b. At least one year’s experience as a registered nurse providing direct patient care. c. Applicant shall hold a valid, active license issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing. Required to upload a copy of the license front and back.
3. Current American heart Association Healthcare Provider Basic Life Support card. Required to upload a copy of the signed card, front and back.
4. Current immunization records for PPD, Titer reports for MMR, Varicella, and hepatitis B. Immunization record for Tdap. N95 mask fit test as required by area hospitals.
5. Knowledge of major theoretical frameworks with preference to having experience and/or familiarity with the application of the Roy Adaption Model.
You will be required to upload your transcripts. You must upload all applicable transcripts, credentials and/or certificates required to meet minimum qualifications for the position for which you are applying. Any degrees earned outside the United States must have an official US evaluation (course by course) of the transcripts and must be submitted with the application. In the case that the file you are uploading is too large or you do not have your transcripts readily available, please upload a document in place of stating you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Boulevard, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, or by fax (925) 485-5254, by 5:00 p.m. (PST) on the closing date.
Applicants applying under the “Equivalent provision” must provide details that explain at time of application how their academic preparation is the equivalent of the degree listed above. Please provide your explanation by using the optional document upload called “Equivalency Statement”.
1. Experience teaching undergraduate courses related to nursing including classroom lectures.
2. Knowledge of major theoretical frameworks with preference to having experienced and/or familiarity with the application of Roy Adaption Model.
3. Maintain currency in the field of nursing and followed the faculty mandates of the California Board of Registered Nursing.
4. Demonstrate respect for the rights and needs of the students.
5. Demonstrate respect for staff, colleagues, and the teaching profession.
6. Communicates effectively in English, both in written and oral form.
Job Work Schedule
This position is full-time, tenure track, beginning Fall 2018. Employment will begin on or about August 16, 2018.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
Must be able to stand for over 6 hours and function as a registered nurse.
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES WHO ARE UNABLE TO CARRY OUT THE PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES OF THE POSITION WILL RECEIVE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO ENABLE THEM TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number F49P
Open Date 02/01/2018
Close Date 03/02/2018
Open Until Filled No
Notification to Applicants
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position.
Instructions for Personal Qualifications Statement
The purpose of the personal qualifications statement is for you to provide information on how your education and experience relate to the requirements and duties of the position. There is no form to complete. Applicants are requested to provide their personal qualifications statement by uploading a document, the same way as you do for your cover letter.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- Personal Qualifications Statement
- California Registered Nursing License
- American Heart Association Healthcare Provider BLS Certification
- Immunization Record
- Other Document
- Equivalency Statement
CHABOT-LAS POSITAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER