Dean of Enrollment Services
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking a Dean of Enrollment Services for Las Positas College in Livermore, CA.
The Dean of Enrollment Services is a management position designated by the Board of Trustees of the Chabot-Las Positas Community College District. The position, under the supervision of the Vice President of Student Services, is responsible for the satisfactory completion and/or coordination of the listed duties and responsibilities either directly or through administrative review. The incumbent is charged by the Board of Trustees with the satisfactory implementation of Board policy and District procedures relevant to the position. In addition, the incumbent is expected to participate in the formulation of District policies by making appropriate recommendations for improvements or additions in policy or procedure through his or her reporting authority and/or by serving on District-wide committees.
The Dean of Enrollment Services shall be elected by the Governing Board upon the nomination of the College President and the District Chancellor.
Job Title Dean of Enrollment Services
Position Type Management
Position Code 3AIN10
Pay Rate (or Annual Salary) $124,585-$148,006/annually
Job Location Las Positas College, 3000 Campus Hill Dr., Livermore, CA 94551
Department Student Services
The Dean of Enrollment Services:
1. Develops, directs, supervises, evaluates, and provides leadership to student services programs and services;
a. Supervises and evaluates the performance of assigned personnel; coordinate work assignments and schedules; interviews and selects employees;
b. Works collaboratively with administrators , faculty, and classified professionals in support of various student services programs, services, and projects ;
2. Plans, develops and effectively administers budgets; prepares annual program plans, and oversees mechanisms for budget controls;
3. Directs and oversees the College’s enrollment management functions related to student attendance accounting in accordance with established standards and requirements;
4. Works closely with the Vice President of Academic Services in the assessment of enrollment trends and strategies that have a direct effect on the College’s FTES annual projections;
5. Works with the Vice President of Administrative Services in various service aspects of the College including bookstore, technology (3rd party products), financial aid and cashiering services; development and integration of “one stop” student support services;
6. Provides leadership and assistance to the staff in program development and/or service enhancement;
7. Provides leadership in institutional planning; program review; ensures goals and objectives outlined in program plans are met and/or redefined;
8. Provides leadership in the administration, organization, and development of the College International Students Program; develop program objectives, policies and procedures; assure consistency of objectives, policies and procedures with those of the college and the District;
9. Provides leadership, supervision, and coordination to the Admissions and Records Office;
10. Provides leadership, organization, and coordination to the Financial Aid Office;
11. Provides leadership, organization, and coordination in the development of a comprehensive Veterans program that will enhance services currently provided;
12. Monitors legal compliance issues as mandated by federal and state regulations;
13. Maintains liaison with administrators, classified professionals, and faculty members to assist them in the utilization of the services offered through Admissions & Records, Financial Aid, Veterans, and International Student Program;
14. Responsibility for development, coordination and publication of college class schedule;
15. Works collaboratively with Academic Services, Administrative Services, and Student Services administrators;
16. Develops and submit grant proposals in collaboration with program staff; administer grant projects;
17. Collaborates with College and District personnel responsible for marketing, outreach and recruitment;
18. Is responsible for the supervision of college operations at assigned times, including occasional service as administrator for the college in the evening or on Saturday or Sunday;
19. Performs major responsibility duties and all other related and implied duties as may be assigned by the Vice President of Student Services and the President;
20. Work with and exhibit sensitivity to and understanding of the varied racial, ethnic, cultural, sexual orientation, academic, socio-economic, and disabled populations of community college students.
Minimum Education and Experience
The minimum qualifications for service as an educational administrator shall be both of the following:
Possession of a master’s degree; and
One year of formal training, internship, or leadership experience reasonably related to the administrator’s administrative assignment.
Possession of a Master’s degree from an accredited institution and three years’ experience as an Administrator in Admissions, Records, Enrollment Services or other related field.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Environment: Work is performed primarily in a standard office setting. The incumbent may be required to work some evenings, weekends, and travel.
Physical: Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to stand or sit for prolonged periods of time; to occasionally stoop, bend, kneel, crouch, reach, and twist; to lift, carry, push, and/or pull light to moderate amounts of weight; to operate office equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination including use of a computer keyboard; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number AS144P
Open Date 02/02/2018
Close Date 02/28/2018
Open Until Filled No
Notification to Applicants
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position
Instructions for Personal Qualifications Statement
The purpose of the personal qualifications statement is for you to provide information on how your education and experience relate to the requirements and duties of the position. There is no form to complete. Applicants are requested to provide their personal qualifications statement by uploading a document, the same way as you do for your cover letter.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- Personal Qualifications Statement
- Other Document
CHABOT-LAS POSITAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER