Vice Chancellor, Business Services
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District is seeking a Vice Chancellor, Business Services for the District Office in Dublin, California.
Under the direction of the Chancellor, the Vice Chancellor of Business Services is the Chief Fiscal Officer of the District bearing responsibility for District financial planning, strategic development and the organization and management of fiscal services and certain administrative functions and operations. The Vice Chancellor is charged with the satisfactory implementation of Board Policy and District procedures as applicable to the position. The Vice Chancellor is expected to participate in the formation of District policies and procedures by making appropriate recommendations for improvement and/or additions that enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the District Business Services and operations to support the mission of the District.
The Vice Chancellor, Business Services is responsible for the overall development, supervision, control and evaluation of the district budget to insure the fiscal stability and well being of the District and its two colleges. Therefore, the Vice Chancellor works closely with the Chancellor, the College Presidents, other administrators, staff and the Planning and Budget Committee (PBC) in budget administration and on the improvement and implementation of the budget allocation model of the District. The Vice Chancellor exercises continuous budget controls to ensure proper expenditures of authorized funds. The Vice Chancellor is administratively responsible for overseeing the operations of accounting, payroll, purchasing, contract and grant management, and central receiving.
This is an executive-level position. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience and education. The salary includes generous vacation, holidays, health and welfare benefits, and a fringe benefits package. Employment will begin as soon as possible.
Job Title Vice Chancellor, Business Services
Position Type Management
Position Code 1EDA02
Pay Rate (or Annual Salary) Negotiable
Job Location District Office, 7600 Dublin Blvd., 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568
Department Chancellor's Office
The Vice Chancellor, Business Services shall:
1. Establish District budget assumptions and develop and prepare revenue projections;
2. Establish, maintain and supervise the accounts of the District and shall prepare periodic financial statements and reports on the fiscal operations of the District;
3. Be responsible for payment of all obligations of the District and receipt of all income, including the preparation of warrants and payroll;
4. Interpret and apply Federal, State and District accounting/budgeting standards and requirements and prepare accurate and timely reports, including grants management and multi-year projections;
5. Develop and submit to the Chancellor an annual budget for presentation to the Board of Trustees;
6. Conduct periodic inventory and maintain perpetual inventory of all properties and equipment;
7. Conduct cost benefit and efficiency studies as well as coordinate the external audit process of the District;
8. Be responsible for adequate insurance coverage for the protection and replacement of District equipment and property;
9. Oversee the purchase of supplies, equipment and property in accordance with policy;
10. Provide fiscal oversight of such auxiliary operations as:
a. Food services;
b. District Foundation;
c. Chabot College Bookstore;
11. Advise the Chancellor of all pending and actual legislative changes in the Education Code relating to fiscal and business matters;
12. Make presentations to the Governing Board in matters concerning fiscal, legal, contractual, administrative and other business concerns as requested by the Chancellor;
13. Serve as representative of the District to governmental agencies, civic and community groups as appropriate and upon direction of the Chancellor;
14. Serve on the District negotiating team and ensure the implementation of provisions of the Faculty Association and Classified Union contracts;
15. Meet regularly with Vice Presidents of Business Services and provide direction relative to business services and fiscal issues;
16. Have overall supervision of District Business related insurance programs, the District communications system, audits, tort claims, and money claims related to governmental jurisdictions, District and College contracts;
17. Perform all other related and implied duties as assigned by the Chancellor.
Minimum Education and Experience
Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university with emphasis in Business Administration, Finance or related fields; OR
Bachelor’s Degree and education and experience appropriate to the position.
Five years required of increasingly responsible experience in high level administrative positions related to business services, fiscal management, administration or finances. Knowledge of computer systems and related software business applications.
Sensitivity to and an understanding of diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability and ethnic backgrounds of community college students and staff.
Demonstrated knowledge of California Community College School Finance; AND
Knowledge of Government and California Community College Education Code Sections.
Physical Demands and Working Environment
INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES WHO ARE UNABLE TO CARRY OUT THE PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES OF THE POSITION WILL RECEIVE REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS TO ENABLE THEM TO PERFORM THE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number AS136P
Open Date 01/23/2018
Close Date 02/27/2018
Open Until Filled No
Special Instructions to Applications
Transcripts/Credentials – You must upload all applicable transcripts, credentials and/or certificates required to meet minimum qualifications for the position for which you are applying. To provide your transcripts, you will be required to submit using the applicant document upload for ‘Transcripts/Credentials.’
Any degrees earned outside the United States must have an official US evaluation (course by course) of the transcripts and must be submitted with the application.
In the case that the file you are uploading is too large you can also use the optional document upload for ‘Other Document.’
If you do not have your transcripts readily available, please upload a document in place of stating you will be sending the documents to the Office of Human Resources, 7600 Dublin Blvd, 3rd Floor, Dublin, CA 94568, or by fax (925) 485-5254, by the closing date.
Notification to Applicants
The Chabot-Las Positas Community College District reserves the right to close or not fill any advertised position
Instructions for Personal Qualifications Statement
The purpose of the personal qualifications statement is for you to provide information on how your education and experience relate to the requirements and duties of the position. There is no form to complete. Applicants are requested to provide their personal qualifications statement by uploading a document, the same way as you do for your cover letter.
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
- Personal Qualifications Statement
- Other Document
CHABOT-LAS POSITAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER