Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility (Open Rank)
Department of Women's Health - Dell Medical School - The University of Texas at Austin
Location: Austin, Texas
Open: Dec 8, 2016
The Dell Medical School of The University of Texas at Austin is seeking an exceptional clinician to join the Department of Women's Health at the open rank level for Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. This position provides the unique opportunity to maintain an active role in education and clinical research while also providing clinical services in a private practice setting. This is a shared initiative supported by the Dell Medical School at the University of Texas at Austin and Reproductive Medicine Associates of Texas.
As part of The University of Texas at Austin, one of the nation's leading research universities, the Dell Medical School will pursue innovation in the redesign of healthcare delivery, excellence in healthcare research, and programs in interdisciplinary and interprofessional education. It will be the fifth medical school in the UT System and the first medical school established in nearly five decades by a member of the Association of American Universities, an organization of leading public and private research universities. An extraordinary commitment of resources, both public and private, has already been made to enable the development and success of the Dell Medical School. The School is partnering closely with the community and regional healthcare providers and payers to provide new models for health promotion, healthcare delivery, and clinical care for the community's underserved population.
The Department of Women's Health encompasses the full range of subspecialties including specialists in Academic General Obstetrics and Gynecology, Maternal Fetal Medicine, Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery, Gynecologic Oncology, and Reproductive Endocrinology.
Reproductive Medicine Associates of Texas belongs to the well-known Reproductive Medicine Associates (RMA) Network consisting of Centers throughout the United States. The network is committed to offering a unique and individualized approach to fertility care providing the most appropriate treatment while using the most advanced and safest technologies available.
Specific job responsibilities will include:
- Establishing and overseeing the operations of a resident teaching clinic in conjunction with the Department and RMA
- Training and mentoring medical students and residents on new models of care and clinical practice related to reproductive endocrinology and infertility
- Developing partnerships with referring physicians, hospitals, and post-acute providers in Austin and Central Texas
- Developing new cross-continuum, multidisciplinary care pathways for priority areas based on best-available clinical evidence, including referral guidelines for primary care providers and management guidelines for post-acute providers
- Collaborating on innovation and investigation with other schools at the University of Texas at Austin and across the University of Texas system
- Providing support for pediatric gynecology and the cancer center to facilitate the development of a robust and comprehensive onco-fertility program
- Participating in routine call coverage
- Garnering new patient referrals and increasing patient care capacity of RMA of Texas-Austin via active marketing and outreach strategies
- Integrating into the RMA of Texas-Austin practice philosophy of patient-centric care
- Expanding the breadth of services provided by RMA of Texas-Austin
- Demonstrating practice patterns consistent with both evolving standards of care in the field of REI and the high quality of care provided at RMA of Texas-Austin
- Medical degree from an accredited medical school
- Board certification or board eligible in reproductive endocrinology / infertility
- Record of leadership and achievement in academic medicine
- Evidence of scholarly productivity
- Experience with value-based care delivery and integrated practice models
Interested parties please submit letter of interest and updated CV.
For other benefit information please refer to: https://www.utexas.edu/hr/prospective/benefits.html
The University of Texas at Austin, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.