401 N. Michigan Avenue
30345 Booth Advancement
About the Unit
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business is the second-oldest school in the U.S. and second to none when it comes to influencing business education and business practices. Since 1898, the school has produced ideas and leaders that shape the world of business. Their rigorous, discipline-based approach to business education transforms students into confident, effective, respected business leaders prepared to face the toughest challenges. Chicago Booth has the finest set of facilities of any business school in the world. Each of the four campuses (two in Chicago, one in London, and one in Hong Kong) reflects the architectural traditions of its environs while offering a state-of-the-art learning environment. Chicago Booth is proud to claim: -an unmatched faculty. -degree and open enrollment programs offered on three continents. -a global body of nearly 50,000 accomplished alumni. - strong and growing corporate relationships that provide a wealth of lifelong career opportunities. As part of the world-renowned University of Chicago, Chicago Booth shares the University's core values that shape the distinctive intellectual culture. At Booth, they constantly question and test ideas, and seek proof. This extraordinarily effective approach to business leads to new ideas and innovative solutions. Seven of the Booth faculty members have won Nobel Prizes for these ideas - the first business school to achieve this accomplishment. For more information about the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, please visit: http://www.chicagobooth.edu/
- Reporting to the Senior Associate Director of Analytics, the Analytics Specialist will contribute to the maintenance of alumni contact information and engagement data, and assist with basic reporting and analysis requests. Integral to this position is collaboration with departments across Chicago Booth to gather the different datasets owned by those teams and enter that data into Griffin, the alumni database of record. This position will train others in where to find data once it has been entered into Griffin. The Analytics Specialist will play an integral role helping to collect, organize, and maintain our alumni data across different sources within Chicago Booth.
- Maintain data on records in Griffin and Community Directory, the database systems used by the Chicago Booth Alumni Relations & Advancement departments.
- Reconcile discrepancies between internal and external databases, including Lexis Nexis and LinkedIn.
- Manage a routine process for coding, auditing, and gathering new data to code for various projects in support of Advancement priorities.
- Proactively seek out other potential coding projects while partnering with other Booth departments.
- Manage alumni email data in Marketo, Chicago Booth's email utility, and reconcile that data across multiple systems.
- Construct, maintain, & analyze results of Qualtrics surveys for various departments.
- Complete basic reporting and analysis requests in coordination with other Analytics team members.
- Develop and maintain appropriate processes and materials as required.
- Strong verbal and writing skills, high attention to detail and follow-up, and excellent organizational skills required.
- Strong commitment to customer service required.
- Discretion in the handling of confidential information required.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and set priorities required.
- Ability to work collegially and collaboratively in a team setting required; an exceptional work ethic and track record of personal initiative required.
- Ability to adapt to new programs and processes in a changing environment required.
- Willingness and ability to travel to campus and/or non-campus locations for University business required.
- Willingness and ability to work evenings and weekends required.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor's degree required.
- A minimum one year of data entry or research-related experience in an academic or corporate setting required.
- A minimum of two years of database maintenance experience strongly preferred.
- Experience with a higher education alumni database preferred.
Technical Knowledge or Skills:
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Windows computer environment and Microsoft Office required.
- Familiarity with SAP Business Objects, Marketo, the University of Chicago alumni database system (Griffin, SunGard Advance product) and/or Chicago Booth databases (Community Directory, Jive product) preferred.
Depends on Qualification
Scheduled Weekly Hours
Job is Exempt?
Drug Test Required?
Does this position require incumbent to operate a vehicle on the job?
Health Screen Required?
Background Check Required?
Remove from Posting On or Before
The University of Chicago is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/Disabled/Veterans Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, status as an individual with a disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or other protected classes under the law. For additional information please see the University's Notice of Nondiscrimination.
Staff Job seekers in need of a reasonable accommodation to complete the application process should call 773-702-5800 or submit a request via Applicant Inquiry Form.
The University of Chicago's Annual Security & Fire Safety Report (Report) provides information about University offices and programs that provide safety support, crime and fire statistics, emergency response and communications plans, and other policies and information. The Report can be accessed online at: http://securityreport.uchicago.edu. Paper copies of the Report are available, upon request, from the University of Chicago Police Department, 850 E. 61st Street, Chicago, IL 60637.
The University of Chicago is an urban research university that has driven new ways of thinking since 1890. Our commitment to free and open inquiry draws inspired scholars to our global campuses, where ideas are born that challenge and change the world.
We empower individuals to challenge conventional thinking in pursuit of original ideas. Students in the College develop critical, analytic, and writing skills in our rigorous, interdisciplinary core curriculum. Through graduate programs, students test their ideas with UChicago scholars, and become the next generation of leaders in academia, industry, nonprofits, and government.
To learn more about the university click here http://www.uchicago.edu/