Worcester Polytechnic Institute
Department: Corporate & Professional Education (2100)
Position Status: Temporary/Contract Positions
Lab Technician will assist with the day-to-day laboratory operations that are key to delivering successful training programs and research projects. The applicant will be advised by and work directly with the Operations manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform routine equipment maintenance and laboratory housekeeping tasks.
• Operating balances, filtration equipment, peristaltic pumps, laminar flow hoods, pH meters, conductivity meters and other laboratory equipment
• Performing daily and weekly instrument calibrations as indicated.
• Preparation/Filtration of a wide variety of cell culture medium / buffer solutions
• Use of aseptic techniques to initiate, analyze and maintain growing cell cultures
• Cleaning, assembly, sterilization, disassembly, and operation of processing equipment (i.e. Bioreactors, centrifuges, Chromatography systems, TFF systems)
• Creation and modification of equipment operating procedures
-Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
-Must be able to work independently
-Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
Posting Date: 02/07/2018
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants:
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
Criminal Background Check Statement:
A pre-employment criminal records check is required.
To apply, visit: https://careers.wpi.edu/postings/5342