Assoc Dir, Accounting
San Marcos, TX
Texas State University
Assoc Dir, Accounting
Job Number: 2017453
Location: San Marcos
Department: Accounting Office
Recruitment Type: Open to All
Job Type: Full-Time
Monthly Salary: $6,693.00 - $7,500.00
Job Category: Exempt
1. Bachelor's Degree in Accounting from an accredited university;
2. Certified Public Accountant;
3. Experience with the preparation of complex financial statements, footnotes and supplemental schedules;
4. Current knowledge of GAAP and GASB requirements for financial reporting;
5. Ability to analyze and implement reporting needs to comply with standard setting bodies, legislation or internal requirements;
6. Experience in a large enterprise resource planning (ERP) environment;
7. Experience with problem solving and analytical writing;
8. Attention to detail;
9. Experience setting priorities, organizing workloads and handling multiple tasks with competing deadlines;
10. Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
11. Supervisory experience
1. Experience in the public sector of higher education;
2. Experience preparing the Comptroller's Annual Financial Report (AFR) and externally-audited, stand-alone annual financial statements at the fund and government-wide level;
3. Experience with project management
Responsible for overseeing the University's Financial Reporting unit and for providing advanced administrative support in the management of financial reports, complex accounting tasks and processes related to the financial accounting system
- Manage the university's financial accounting and reporting function
- Monitor standard setting bodies and develop procedures to support compliance
- Oversee the chart of accounts structure
- Provide support and direction to professional accounting staff
- Provide oversight to monthly and fiscal year-end close processes
- Oversee generation of periodic and ad hoc financial reports for internal and external users, including senior management
- Periodically assess the efficiency and effectiveness of closing and account reconciliation processes, as well as data compilation tools
- Analyze, assess, and report the financial condition of the university
- Make hiring decisions and conduct annual staff performance evaluations
- Other duties as assigned
Additional Information to Applicants:
Texas State University seeks an experienced accountant to lead its financial reporting function as the Associate Director of Accounting.
TO RECEIVE CONSIDERATION, CANDIDATES MUST CLEARLY INDICATE HOW THEY MEET THE MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS FOR THIS POSITION IN THE COVER LETTER AND/OR RESUME. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION FOR CONSIDERATION FOR THIS POSITION.
Be prepared to provide a certified transcript and any professional license you have if called for an interview.
Some evening and weekend hours are necessary, with peak amounts of overtime during September and October for preparation of the annual financial report and fiscal year-end close-out
Job Open Date: 08/16/2017
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: Yes
Normal Work Days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Normal Work Hours Start: 8:00AM
Normal Work Hours End: 5:00PM
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION
Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans' status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions
For a detailed description of this position and to apply, visit jobs.hr.txstate.edu or call (512) 245-2557 or visit our office at 601 University Dr., J.C. Kellam Bldg., Suite 340.
About Texas State and San Marcos:
Texas State University is a emerging research institution located in the burgeoning Austin-San Antonio corridor and in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. It is the largest of eight campuses in the Texas State University System and one of the 75 largest universities in the country, with over 38,000 students and approximately 4,000 faculty and staff
Texas State is located in San Marcos, a growing community of over 50,000 people located about half way between Austin and San Antonio. Texas State enjoys a setting that is unique among Texas universities. The beauty of the crystal-clear San Marcos River and the stately cypress and pecan trees on the campus add to the charm of the university's picturesque setting. Our location on the banks of the San Marcos River provides outdoor recreational activities throughout the year.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon a criminal history background check.
Texas State University is a tobacco free campus.
Texas State University is an EOE and a member of the Texas State University System.
Apply Online at Texas State University
Texas State University main webpage
Summary of Benefits
Texas State University Human Resources
San Marcos, Texas Chamber of Commerce