Human Services Assistant Professor
Cosumnes River College
Human Services Assistant Professor
Job Posting Number: F00346P
Salary: $46,470 to $77,043 annually. Additional earnings may be available for summer, overloads, and stipends.
Closing Date: 03/14/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/6469
The faculty member shall be responsible for the following: teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in their regular teaching field; continuing professional development; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of a full-time faculty as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
The department maintains a focus on:
● Enhancing and expanding our existing Human Services and Gerontology degree and certificate programs.
● Creating relevant and vital community partnerships.
● Recruiting and mentoring talented students.
The instructional assignment may include, but is not limited to:
● Teaching courses in all levels of Human Services.
● Taking a leadership role in strengthening the Human Services Advisory Board, and serving as the liaison to various public and private agencies that might employ program graduates.
● Participating on campus committees, conducting department meetings, and maintaining accurate records in accordance with the policies, rules, regulations, and procedures of the District.
Teaching schedules will likely vary from one semester to the next to accommodate student and course sequencing needs.
The instructional assignment may include day, evening, online, hybrid, weekend, and/or off campus classes.
1. Have a master’s degree from an accredited institution, completed by August 23, 2018 in Counseling, Rehabilitation Counseling, Clinical Psychology, Counseling Psychology, Guidance Counseling, Educational Counseling, Social Work, or Career Development, Marriage and Family Therapy, or Marriage, Family and Child Counseling; OR, have a bachelor’s degree in one of the above listed degrees, AND a license as a Marriage and Family Therapist (MFT); OR hold a California Community College Instructor’s Credential in the discipline area; OR the equivalent.*
2. Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
*Note: Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation is equivalent of the degree listed above.
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.