Business Analyst, Philanthropy Services Operations
- Collaborate with colleagues throughout Advancement to identify opportunities to use reporting and analytics to guide strategy, track work, and measure outcomes. Serve as a liaison and consistent partner to select groups within Advancement to ensure that their reporting needs are met and that they have guidance and support for analysis when needed. Areas of reporting include alumni engagement, fundraising activities, moves management, pipeline reporting, career services, and employee engagement.
- Support teams in creating alignment between their reporting and the DU Impact 2025 strategic plan. Align reports and create rollup reports to support transparency and consistency throughout the Advancement team.
- Utilize Tableau, Cognos, CRM Advance, SSRS, SQL, Microsoft Access, and Excel to explore data, validate reports, and supply data and reporting. Develop acumen to independently identify which tool works best to supply information depending on the user's needs.
- Respond to ad hoc reporting and query requests in a timely manner, and identify opportunities to create and enhance reports and dashboards.
- Manage data imports and exports, and collaborate with the University's central IT to create and manage data transfer processes.
- Collaborate with University IT to continuously improve data structures and reporting data sources.
- Create documentation including data definitions and meta-data to ensure that both report users and BIA colleagues understand how report fields and parameters are defined and calculated.
- Provide quality control for reports and queries developed by other BIA team members.
- Train end-users on how to access reports, locate documentation, and appropriately use reports and dashboards.
- Lead and contribute to business process analyses. Identify opportunities for process improvement and provide leadership in the implementation of identified process improvements.
- Manage reporting projects independently from inception to completion and follow up with report users to maintain reports and make adaptations in response to changing operations and strategies.
- Track work and communicate project progress and statuses in BIA's task management solution.
- Provide support for survey development and analysis.
- Serve as an active and collaborative partner to all central and unit-based advancement functions and campus colleagues to foster strategic, effective, and collaborative advancement practices.
- Model "One DU" leadership.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Solid knowledge of MS Office Suite and familiarity with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) databases, such as Ellucian's Banner or Colleague, and Blackbaud's Raiser's Edge.
- Must be able to gather, transform, and present data in an organized and meaningful way. Must be able to communicate technical problems to non-technical professional staff.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Flexible and highly organized self-starter with a curious mind for data/reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines while managing multiple tasks and concurrent priorities.
- Strong sense of curiosity and critical thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to lead within a team and promote partnership, while also working independently, setting priorities, juggling tasks as needed, and completing projects within specified timeframes amidst a face paced work environment.
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative research methods, statistics, higher education, business or related field.
- 3 years of experience working with complex datasets, including data collection and preparation, analysis, and reporting.
- Experience supporting and training business users in an administrative system, program, or process.
- Graduate degree in quantitative research methods, statistics, higher education, business or related field.
- Experience supporting report programming in a non-profit and/or higher education setting.
- Experience with: SQL programming, Microsoft CRM Dynamics software, and reporting tools such as Tableau, SSRS, Access, Visual Studio, or Cognos to create and deliver end-user reports.
- Experience with process mapping, process analysis, project management, or data mining.
Monday - Friday, 8am-4:30pm. Some nights and weekends as required.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) Wednesday, February 21, 2018.
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs and submit a cover letter and resume with the application to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please click "New Resume/CV" at the bottom of the page to begin an application. Applicants may contact with questions related to these positions.
Please do not forward resumes or application materials to this email address, only applications submitted online will be considered.