Office Assistant 3
Working Title Office Assistant 3 - Grad Studies
Eastern Washington University's Graduate Studies office is seeking a Part-Time Office Assistant 3.
- This is an 80% position
Eastern Washington University's Graduate Studies office is seeking a Part-Time Office Assistant 3 (OA3). Under general supervision, provide comprehensive clerical support the Graduate Studies Office to include student record data entry, maintain databases and filing, assist in processing graduate student admission applications, perform complex word processing tasks such as creating mail merges and mailings, assisting with special projects, and other duties as assigned. The OA3 will staff the front desk, answer main office phone line, and respond to emailed inquiries about Graduate Studies. This position will give periodic direction and/or check the work of student workers as delegated by supervisor and other Graduate Studies staff.
The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays (adjusted accordingly), tuition waiver benefit and more!
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university fund or other items of value, as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 18. Successful applicant will be required to pass a background check.
This is an agency shop position.
Optional: Contact Saundra Godin in Human Resources at email@example.com to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis which will describe conditions of employment, such as physical demands.Required Qualifications:
- High school graduation or equivalent
- Two years' of increasingly responsible office/clerical experience
- Excellent attention to detail, verbal/written communication skills, and organizational skills
Position Specific Requirements
- Work experience performing data entry
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Ability to balance competing tasks and switch frequently between tasks
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- AA/AS degree or equivalent
- Experience with Banner and Nolij for graduate admissions
- Experience with admissions operations and records management, preferably at the graduate level, including reviewing academic transcripts
- Experience assisting students and academic program faculty and staff with admissions processes, preferably at the graduate level
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Calm and friendly demeanor while answering phone calls