Working Title Admissions Representative - Regional
We are currently seeking skilled and team-oriented applicants for the following position: Admissions Rep-Regional
- The Admissions Representative-Regional position is a non-renewable appointment, budgeted through August 2, 2020.
The Admissions Representative Regional is responsible for recruitment of prospective student for Eastern Washington University through territory travel, prospective student communication, admissions presentations, and file review. This position conducts recruitment in the central part of Washington, specifically for Grant, Benton, Franklin, Walla Walla, Yakima counties, as well as Asotin, Garfield, Whitman, Adams, Chelan, Douglas, Kittitas, and Klickitat counties.
- The candidate will be expected to work from a home-based office within the territory which will be specifically Benton, Franklin or Walla Walla counties.
Duties include visiting high schools, attending college fairs, conducting outreach events to prospective students, guidance and career counselors, alumni, parent groups, and other constituents, and conducting special events.
The candidate selected for this position will be rewarded with competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package which includes highly subsidized health/dental plans, retirement plan with 100% university match, generous paid vacation and sick leave, 11 paid holidays (adjusted accordingly), tuition waiver benefit and more!
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
This position is part of the PSE bargaining unit.
This position, during the course of university employment, will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value, as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 18. Employment will be contingent upon successful completion and passing of a background check.
- Dedicated space for Regional office within one's home
- Ability to be flexible regarding travel and working non-traditional hours, including weekends, when necessary including travel within territory, away from Regional office
- Position requires some physical work, lifting boxes and set up of booth displays
Optional: Contact Saundra Godin in Human Resources at [email protected] to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis which will describe conditions of employment, such as physical demands.
Position will require extensive sitting and walking; selected candidate must be able to lift and carry up to 25lbs involving recruiting materials.Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree required
- Bilingual Ability-Spanish required
- Ability to participate in evening and weekend events
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies, and procedures regarding transfer admission and records management
- Capacity to effectively address diverse constituencies
- Advanced computer skills to include: Microsoft Office Suite and SCT Banner (or equivalent); proficient user of laptop computer, projector, and cell phone;
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- Knowledge and understanding of Eastern Washington University;
- Previous work experience in admissions, recruitment or student advising;
- Demonstrated ability to manage programs from planning through implementation to completion;
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities, pay attention to detail and produce desired results
- Ability to communicate in a clear, friendly and effective manner both orally and in writing
- Ability to work independently and as a member of an integrated team.