Vice President of Student Services
Vice President of Student Services
Germanna Community College is a public, open access institution of higher education in the Virginia Community College System. As a comprehensive, multi-campus community college, the College provides quality, accessible, and affordable educational opportunities for the residents of the City of Fredericksburg and the counties of Caroline, Culpeper, King George, Madison, Orange, Spotsylvania, and Stafford. The College is a dynamic learning organization that serves as a regional leader and preferred partner where quality learning experiences enable students to participate effectively in the social, economic, political, intellectual, and cultural life of their communities.
Germanna Community College seeks a creative, collegial and experienced Student Services professional to serve as Vice President of Student Services. The Vice President will provide the leadership and direction that are essential to developing activities and programs that will build enrollment, support and enhance student development, learning and completion in an environment that is innovative, student-centered and inclusive.
Statement of Duties: The Vice President of Student Services is a cabinet level position reporting to the President of Germanna Community College. The Vice President will provide leadership, executive level strategic vision and administrative direction for initiatives relating to increased student enrollment, completion and overall student success operations. The Vice President will possess knowledge and understanding of student career and academic advising principles and procedures. This position provides leadership for retention, persistence and completion initiatives, including the use of data and technology. Areas within Student Services include the following: Admissions and Records, Enrollment Services, Student Success/Student Engagement, Counseling Services, Disability Services, Career and Transfer Center, Student Conduct and Title IX, Financial Aid, Veteran Services Center, Testing Services, and high school and community outreach.
- Work collaboratively with college constituents and community stakeholders to foster a culture of student success by providing a student centered environment that advances the college mission, vision, and goals.
- Provide leadership for the development and implementation of innovative student services initiatives to meet the needs of all Germanna Community College students. Lead the college's strategic enrollment plans, track the success of these initiatives, and collect and analyze metrics for planning and decision-making.
- Develop annual and long term plans for strategic enrollment management and student services. Lead the development of goals and objectives as well as measures for success. Develop and provide oversight of departmental budgets and work closely with the college foundation to secure reasonable outside sources of funding.
- Continuously evaluate and improve student and enrollment services to insure excellent customer service. Design and implement professional development opportunities to better train and motivate staff.
- Collaborate with college leadership to ensure consistency with college branding, marketing and communication. Work closely with Academic Affairs to ensure effective scheduling and communication of program information.
- Actively participate in local, state and regional activities and organizations to further expand the effectiveness and brand of the college as well as to implement data-informed best practices.
- Collaborate with all areas of the college and community to achieve desired student outcomes and to foster a fully integrated student success plan.
- Cultivate relationships with local public and private schools, community-based organizations and other institutions of higher education.
- Collaborate for student success at all levels throughout the college and demonstrate a real understanding and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- A doctoral degree from a regionally accredited university in an appropriate field.
- Understanding and commitment to the mission and philosophy of a public, comprehensive community college.
- Five years of progressively responsible experience that includes supervision of multiple student service programs within a community college.
- The ability to identify and assess the needs of the geographic service area and students and effectively use learning outcomes and other measures to improve the effectiveness of existing programs, and determine areas for development to ensure a supportive learning environment.
- The ability to demonstrate excellent leadership skills, build consensus and lead efforts in conflict resolution.
- Demonstrated success in developing and implementing strategies to increase enrollment and contribute to student retention, especially for marginalized populations.
- Strong strategic thinking, data analytics and problem solving skills.
- The ability to successfully manage and develop staff, work collaboratively with diverse groups and to think creatively and proactively.
- Knowledge of theories of student development, trends and national best practices, demonstrated through results.
- Knowledge of, and the ability to interpret and communicate state and federal laws.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated track record of building effective partnerships with external individuals and organizations (schools, community organizations, institutions of higher education).
- Multi-campus, community college experience.
- Experience with PeopleSoft, Ad Astra and/or EAB Navigate.
- Experience providing student services in a Guided Pathways model.
This is an administrative faculty position.
Salary is commensurate with rank and credentials.
Appointment date: July 1, 2018
Salary range: $108,000 – $130,000 /DOE. Full state benefits apply.
This position is open until filled and a first review of applications will commence on March 7, 2018.
Special Requirements: Any offer of employment will be contingent upon an acceptable background investigation and reference check.
E-Verify Notice: After accepting employment, new hires are required to complete an I-9 form and present documentation of their identity and eligibility to work in the United States. Effective June 1, 2011, agencies in the Commonwealth of Virginia's Executive Branch will use the E-Verify system to confirm identity and work authorization.
Application Instructions: Applicants interested in applying MUST submit the following documents via online @ www.germanna.edu/ and click on CAREERS.
- Resume /CV
- Commonwealth of Virginia Application For Employment
- Cover letter
- Copies of transcripts verifying academic credentials. Official transcripts will be required for employment.
An EEO/AA Employer
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/xgqzc9w9n6pr6rvv