Executive Director of the Weigand Center for Professional Excellence
Elmhurst College (www.elmhurst.edu) is accepting nominations and applications for the position of Executive Director of the Weigand Center for Professional Excellence. Reporting to the Vice President for Academic Affairs & the Dean of the Faculty, the new Director will revitalize and operate a Center focused on providing special opportunities and experience essential to the professional of the future, including effective career counseling and direction throughout the students college career; internships and other experiential learning opportunities; pre-health professional and pre-law advising; entrepreneurship; leadership development opportunities and connections with professional mentors. The Director will also seek ways to support the integration of liberal arts education with preparation for professional life through special programming and through partnerships with other parts of the College.
Responsibilities (including, but not limited to):
- Provides effective management and leadership of the Weigand Center for Professional Excellence to achieve the goal of integrating liberal education learning and professional development of students.
- Identifies and develop new programs and avenues for professional development opportunities for Elmhurst College students.
- Challenges the concept of professional development to make the Weigand Center for Professional Excellence a model in the field.
- Defines clearly and express the Weigand Center for Professional Excellence concept to Elmhurst Colleges many stakeholders.
- Maintains effective communication and support from the College faculty and administrators.
- Other duties as assigned.
- An advanced degree; an earned doctorate preferable;
- Experience in higher education;
- Experience in and an understanding of the corporate business world;
- Demonstrated leadership and decision-making skills;
- Effective written and oral communication skills; and
- Ability to work effectively within the corporate (profit and non-profit) environment.
Elmhurst College is a leading four-year college that seamlessly blends liberal learning and professional preparation to help students reach their full potential. Elmhurst College offers more than 60 undergraduate majors, 17 graduate programs, degree-completion programs for busy adults, and the acclaimed Elmhurst Learning and Success Academy for young adults with developmental disabilities. Elmhurst College is one of the Top Colleges in the Midwest, according to U.S. News & World Report; and U.S. News, Money and Forbes magazines consistently rank Elmhurst as one of the Midwest’s best values in higher education.
Located in Elmhurst, IL, Elmhurst boasts an enrollment of 3,500 students a student-to-faculty ratio of just 14 to 1. The College’s beautiful campus is a green oasis in the heart of a safe, quiet suburb, that is just a 30 minute train ride from downtown Chicago, giving students unlimited access to world-class cultural and professional opportunities.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce is a critical component of the College’s mission, vision and core values. Our commitment stems from the belief that an institution of higher learning is enriched by the presence of diversity. Elmhurst College is an AA/EO Employer. Elmhurst College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law with respect to all aspects of employment.
Elmhurst College is being assisted by the partners of Hyatt - Fennell. Nominations and application materials should be submitted via email to [email protected]. Applications include a letter of interest, a current résumé/cv, and contact information for five professional references and should be submitted in separate documents. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and should be submitted prior to March 2, 2018 to receive full consideration. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential.
For more information contact:
Cheryl Hyatt - 724-242-0476
Elmhurst College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, and individuals with disabilities are strongly urged to apply.