Men’s Basketball Head Coach
Gettysburg College, in historic Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, is seeking an experienced professional for a full-time position as Head Men’s Basketball Coach. Gettysburg is an undergraduate liberal arts and sciences college, which enrolls approximately 2,600 primarily residential students. The College is seeking a dynamic and innovative individual who has a strong administrative, collaborative and student-focused background to serve in this position.
This is a full-time, 12-month administrative position reporting to the Director of Athletics. Successful candidates will have the communication skills and cross-cultural abilities to maximize their effectiveness with diverse groups of students, colleagues and community members. Responsibilities for the leadership, organization, administration and supervision of all aspects of the Division III men’s basketball program, include, but not limited to:
- recruit and retain highly qualified student-athletes with a commitment to academic success;
- implement a comprehensive strategy for scheduling and organizing practices and competitions, including travel, accommodations and meals, to ensure proper preparation for student-athletes;
- manage operational, fiscal and administrative responsibilities of the men’s basketball program;
- demonstrate a high level of involvement in the personal, academic development and health and welfare of student-athletes;
- support the office of Development, Alumni and Parent Relations with fundraising efforts and alumni activities;
- work cooperatively with department offices, including athletic communications, athletic training and equipment room staffs in regard to public relations efforts, practice coordination, health and safety of student-athletes and team uniform/equipment needs;
- hiring and supervising assistant coaches, including full and part-time positions;
- additional responsibilities may include serving as a head coach for a second sport and/or other administrative duties as assigned by the Director Athletics.
Qualifications: The successful candidate will:
- have earned a bachelor’s degree and a master’s degree is preferred;
- three to five years of successful collegiate coaching experience, preferably as a head coach;
- ability to work effectively in the environment of an academic demanding liberal arts institution and abide by all NCAA Division III, Centennial Conference and institutional policies;
- proficient with technology applications applicable to the position;
- maintain a valid driver’s license and safe driving record in accordance with all institutional policies;
- CPR/AED and First Aid Certification is required.
Salary is commensurate with experience and complemented by an excellent benefits package. Please submit your cover letter, resume and contact information for three professional references through our online system: https://gettysburg.peopleadmin.com/postings/2458
For full consideration, please submit application materials by Friday, March 2, 2018. Review of application materials will continue until the position is filled.
Gettysburg College, an equal opportunity employer, complies with all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and admission. The College prohibits discrimination and harassment, and provides equal opportunity without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, marital/familial status, possession of a General Education Development Certificate (GED) as compared to a high school diploma, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex, age, or genetic information in all aspects of employment, educational programs, activities, and admissions. Pursuant to Title IX of the Education Amendment of 1972, Gettysburg College prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex (i.e., which includes but is not limited to the prohibition of sexual misconduct and relationship violence, including sexual assault and harassment) in all of its educational programs and activities.