Head Men's Soccer Coach
Head Men’s Soccer Coach
Haverford College seeks to hire a full time, exempt, benefits eligible Head Men’s Soccer Coach. This position reports to the Director of Athletics and carries responsibility for all aspects of a competitive Division III Men’s Soccer program including but not limited to: planning and executing all practices, game day coaching, recruitment of qualified student-athletes, scheduling, budget management, fundraising activities and adhering to all NCAA, Conference and College rules. Additional administrative duties will be assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct practices and games.
- Enforce departmental policies and team rules as to travel and conduct both on and off the field
- Supervise and Evaluate Assistant Coaches
- Maintain liaison with college and athletic administrators, trainers, strength & conditioning coaches and sports information directors as appropriate for a head coach. Maintain communication with faculty liaison
- All Full Time athletic personnel must attend monthly College All-Staff meetings, athletic staff meetings as scheduled, weekly athletic logistics meetings, other special college meetings as announced, and Conference meetings
- Adherence to all regulations of the College, Centennial Conference, and NCAA
- Demonstrate success in the recruiting of student athletes who meet both the academic and athletic standards of Haverford College and its Men’s Soccer Program
- Operate within a budget that covers all operational costs of the program. Additional team fundraising activities, as approved by the Athletic Director, may be overseen to supplement special team gear and/or trips
- Represent Haverford at all times in a professional manner including dealings with officials and opposing coaches
- Continued and consistent communication with alumni
- Scheduling of all non-conference opponents in a manner that meets both budgetary and competitive goals
- Support of community service programs for student athletes.
- First Aid, CPR, AED Certified
- Possession of, or ability to obtain and maintain PA Act 153 Child Abuse Clearances
- Possession of a valid U.S. drivers’ license, and ability to pass a Motor Vehicle Record check
- Include extensive travel, weekends, evenings and the transportation of students.
Education, Training & Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree is required. Prior coaching and recruiting experience in soccer at the college level is required. College playing experience and Master’s degree strongly desired.
Physical Demands and Environmental Conditions Required of this Position
- Lifting (to exert strength to move objects from one place to another):
- Sedentary Lifting: (0-10 pounds) Up to three hours
- Light Lifting (10-20 pounds): Up to three hours
- Moderate Lifting (20-50 pounds): Up to three hours
- Heavy Lifting (50 to 100 pounds): Up to three hours
- Pulling (to exert force upon an abject to move or change its direction: Up to three hours
- Pushing (to draw an object toward oneself to move or change its direction): Up to three hours
- Carrying (to hold objects while moving entire body): Up to three hours
- Walking (to move entire body in erect position): 3-6 hours
- Standing (to maintain body in erect posture in stationary position): 3-6 hours
- Sitting (to rest weight on buttocks and back of thighs with legs bent at knees): 6-8 hours
- Crouching/Stooping (to bend upper body forward while fully flexing knees): Up to three hours
- Kneeling (to maintain upper body in erect position while resting knees on ground): Up to three hours
- Climbing (to ascend or descent heights using ladders, scaffolding, stairs, poles, inclined surfaces): Up to three hours
- Twisting (to rotate upper body while feet remain stationary): 3-6 hours
- Driving (operating a motor vehicle, crane, tractor, forklift, etc.): 3-6 hours
- Exposure Limitation (i.e., cold water, dust, gas, fumes, extreme temperatures): 3-6 hours
To Apply: Please visit https://haverford.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/Haverford-Campus/Coach_R90-1 to submit an application, to include a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three (3) references, by Friday, February 23, 2018. Please note that failure to submit the required documents may result in failure for consideration.