Senior Vice President, Marketing and Communication
The University of Arizona, a leading public research university, seeks a Senior Vice President of Marketing and Communications to serve on President Robert Robbins’ leadership team and provide marketing and communications leadership for the school. ]
The SVP will partner with key internal constituents to develop strong marketing and communications strategies and practices. Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more! The University of Arizona has been listed by Forbes as one of America’s Best Employers in the United States and WorldatWork and the Arizona Department of Health Services have recognized us for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocation services, please visit http://www.whyua.arizona.edu
The Senior Vice President of Marketing and Communications (SVPMC) will serve as a trusted advisor to President Robbins and a subject matter expert to other senior University leaders. Reporting to President Robbins, and serving as a member of the President’s cabinet, s/he will work in partnership with internal constituents such as deans, faculty, employees and senior administrators across UA to develop strategies and practices that: build public understanding and support for Arizona’s teaching and research mission; cultivate awareness of UA’s commitments to diversity and inclusion; and strengthen communities through improved outreach and engagement. The SVPMC will be responsible for coordinating across UA to ensure a consistent and unified voice and narrative across all audiences. The SVPMC will be called upon to offer marketing/communications advice and messaging on major institutional decisions and initiatives. S/he will also be responsible for developing and maintaining a broad set of external relationships with key stakeholders across media, government, corporate, and community leaders.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Cultivate and lead an institutional strategy for publicly communicating and advocating the goals and priorities of UA and those of higher education.
- Develop an integrated strategic communications plan, partnering with colleagues across UA to more effectively highlight Arizona’s achievements, strategy, and goals. Ensure UA is proactive and strategic in building its reputation, such that it is recognized for the advances it is making on all fronts.
- Work with UA’s Senior Leadership Team to ensure forward-thinking and aligned marketing strategies are in place and executed efficiently to generate regional and national attention to Arizona’s achievements and future goals. Galvanize the efforts of the marketing team to promote effective and consistent randing of UA.
- Collaborate with and serve as a resource for senior University leaders with specific communications-related strategies and initiatives. Devise swift responses to unexpected events and issues; serve as a valued contributor to any crisis management effort.
- Lead internal communication efforts with the objective of informing and engaging internal stakeholders (e.g. faculty, students, employees, and administrators) and enabling knowledge sharing across UA.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to ensure effective communications and messaging throughout the entire institution. Create means for two-way communications, including feedback mechanisms and sharing of ideas and best practices.
- Ensure that UA’s culture, values, and beliefs are integrated into its communications efforts and are consistent across the various schools, departments, and programs.
- Develop appropriate outreach plans for listening to key stakeholders, including faculty, students, employees, alumni, and regional business leaders, for sharing UA’s accomplishments and strategies, and for thinking about how to communicate UA’s impact.
Apply for Senior Vice President, Marketing and Communication
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly