Assistant Director of Development – University Advancement
Florida’s newest state university is looking for exceptional candidates to serve as an Assistant Director of Development in University Advancement.
Florida Polytechnic University Advancement seeks a proactive and entrepreneurial Assistant Director of Development who can identify, cultivate and solicit donors, serve as a development liaison, support fundraising special projects and development initiatives for a comprehensive fundraising program that advances the mission of the University with a focus on Florida’s Hi Tech Corridor and the greater Tampa/St Petersburg area. The Assistant Director of Development will report to the Lakeland Development office when needed, but will spend the majority of their time in the greater Tampa/St. Petersburg area.
- Cultivates and solicits philanthropic support by developing and maintaining long term relationships with assigned prospects; identifies new prospects and integrates them into the established cultivation process; nurtures a culture of philanthropic support with a focus on Florida’s Hi Tech Corridor; carries out the fundraising priorities of the university and foundation.
- Supports fundraising strategies to ensure proper acknowledgement, recognition, and stewardship of donors.
- Participates in developing marketing material and assists in preparing reports and prospect research materials.
- Builds working relationships and serves as department liaison to internal and external constituents.
- Manages information on and activities with key constituents and provides timely reporting through the Customer Relationship Management System
- Participates in professional development organizations, committees, boards, and meetings; travels locally, and out-of-town as necessary.
- Participates in special projects and other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to develop and cultivate relationships with industry leaders and potential donors
- Ability to solicit and close gifts
- Ability to maintain relationships and interact with diplomacy and tact amid influential clients, high net worth individuals, and diverse groups
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building, and presentation skills
- Strong professional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and documentation skills
- Knowledge of development/fundraising concepts and appropriate solicitation techniques
- Ability to work remotely and without direct supervision
- Ability to schedule and execute outreach campaigns and fundraising events.
- Ability to analyze data, confirm results, and brainstorm new campaigns.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work within deadlines.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Bachelor's degree
- Four years of outside sales, fundraising/development, or related experience
- Master’s degree in an appropriate field
- Fundraising experience
- Development experience in higher education
- Demonstrated experience with establishing and cultivating relationships over a long sales/fundraising cycle
REQUIRED LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, AND/OR OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS OF LAW:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- This position requires a criminal background check.
- This position is subject to federal and state privacy regulations.
NORMAL WORK SCHEDULE: Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Occasional overtime (weekends and evenings) may be required.
HIRING SALARY RANGE: $55,390 - 62,000
APPLICATION DEADLINE DATE: The position is open until filled.