Senior Financial Analyst, UCLA Extension
As one of America's finest universities, UCLA has a tradition of advancing higher education and the common good through excellence in scholarship, research and public service. UCLA is California's largest university and a model for public institutions of higher education. Academic excellence, faculty distinction and a comprehensive curriculum are hallmarks of the UCLA experience. The university is an educational and architectural landmark in Los Angeles, attracting thousands of visitors and scholars each year.
SENIOR FINANCIAL ANALYST
For 100 years, UCLA Extension has been a global leader in continuing higher education, with an unparalleled history of outreach and community service. As an integral part of UCLA, one of the world's most esteemed universities, we offer thousands of continuing education courses in the Arts, Business and Management, Legal Studies, Engineering, Technology, Humanities and Sciences, and much more. UCLA Extension is currently seeking an experienced accounting professional to serve as the Senior Financial Analyst (Requisition: 26503) within the department of Cashier and Financial Services.
Under the direct supervision of the director and assistant director, the Analyst is responsible for creating and processing institutional journal entries, day-to-day accounting/financial duties, assisting with budget preparation, analysis, systems maintenance, and high level financial analysis for individual departments and the institution. Duties include: preparation and transmission of GL entries, preparation of institutional recharges, provision of computer and general support/assistance to client departments in interpreting, analyzing, and researching GL information, research, preparation of financial and other reports, monthly close and fiscal year end activities, serve as a liaison between UCLA Extension departments and UCLA Accounting, other special projects as assigned and customer service functions as they relate to each specific accounting area.
Budget duties include system maintenance, reporting and analysis. The incumbent must have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, and Access) and knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of accounting, including debit, credit, encumbrances, lien, and record reconciliation. Skill in planning, preparation, and analysis of GL information, including comparative trends.
- Experience creating and managing a multi-million dollar budget.
- Mathematical skills sufficient to calculate budgetary figures, using computations such as ratios, rates, and percentages applied to general categories (personnel costs, programmatic data, and overhead costs), and other financial information with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment to design and review spreadsheets and reports to ensure accuracy and appropriateness of presentation.
- Knowledge of and experience with advanced financial software platforms, including spreadsheets and databases in order to input financial information. Specific experience with Microsoft products – Windows, Word, Excel, and Access.
Full information concerning the job qualifications are listed on the official UCLA job posting.
The target salary range for this position is between $4842 and $5510 monthly.
UCLA offers a comprehensive benefits package, including vacation and sick leave accrual; 13 paid holidays per year; health, dental and optical benefits; life insurance; disability insurance; the University of California Retirement Plan; various voluntary UC Savings Plans. There are also special programs and privileges available, such as accessibility to cultural and recreational programs, athletic events, the University Credit Union, and much more!
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants may apply for this position using the UCLA Career Opportunities website. Go to https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu/ and search for Requisition 26503. Alternatively, you may copy/paste the link below into your browser’s address bar:
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.