Founding Director of Nursing
St. Bonaventure University’s picturesque 500-acre campus is nestled in the foothills of the Allegheny Mountains known as the Enchanted Mountain region. The University is committed to developing tomorrow's leaders in an environment shaped by Franciscan values. Visit us at http://www.sbu.edu
Founding Director of Nursing
St. Bonaventure University (SBU) is seeking applicants for the position of Director of Nursing to establish a Bachelors in Nursing degree program with multiple points of entry and to direct the proposed Department of Nursing within the School of Health Professions. This is a tenure track appointment at the assistant or associate level, based on experience. The Director will enjoy many opportunities for inter-professional education as the other members of the School of Health Professions Team become established. These will include Health Sciences, Public Health, Physician Assistant Studies, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Healthcare Cyber Security. Collaborative relationships are being developed with local hospitals, medical practices and other community partners upon which to build program partnerships. The Director of Nursing reports to the Dean of the School of Health Professions and is a member of the SHP Management Team.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Development of new programs and curricula
- Leading the effort to establish accreditation for the Nursing program
- Effective leadership to implement the respective University/School missions and strategic plans
- Administrative and logistical support of department function
- Mentorship of junior faculty
- Development and management of the department budget
- Effective communication to advocate for the department with the institution and communities of interest
- Active participation in professional associations related to the department
Successful candidates will have the following selected qualifications and skills:
- Is a registered nurse in NYS with an earned graduate degree in Nursing and a doctoral degree in nursing or related field
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in the field of nursing, including teaching or precepting nursing students
- Demonstrated managerial competencies to oversee a comprehensive Department of Nursing which include effective leadership and management in key areas of responsibility including accreditation, budgeting, strategic planning, assessment, collaboration, and curriculum development
Applicants should submit a letter of interest, curriculum vitae/resume and contact information for three references to email@example.com
St. Bonaventure University was founded in 1858 in the interest of promoting Catholic-Franciscan education. SBU continues to pursue academic excellence through personalized attention that reflects the Franciscan tradition of valuing human relationships. As a Franciscan University, our heritage teaches us to value Faith and Learning, so service is at the heart of the SBU experience. We strive to illustrate to our students that they can make service a part of their everyday lives, on campus or halfway around the world.
St. Bonaventure University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, staff and student body, and strongly encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community. In light of its commitment to create and maintain a safe learning and working environment, employment with St. Bonaventure University requires successful completion of a background screening. Unless otherwise provided by law, a criminal record will not automatically disqualify an individual from employment.
Apply for Founding Director of Nursing
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly