Coordinator of Veteran's Student Services
Coordinator of Veteran's Student Services, Student Development - Requisition # 1800000060
60% FTE (24 hours/week)
This position reports to the Associate Dean of Students and is responsible for creating, developing, and guiding activities and programs related to student veterans. Duties include creating a vision for an inclusive campus environment that addresses the unique needs of student veterans. This person should create and promote veteran friendly services while fostering an increased awareness on campus as to the educational challenges and needs of veteran students. Responsibilities include:
- Assessing unique student veteran needs and collaborate with campus departments, local, state and federal agencies to develop and implement teaching, learning/support programs that will improve veteran student success; providing student veteran transition programs and services; maintaining a working knowledge of federal and state legislation, rules, regulations policies and procedures pertaining to veteran student benefits.
- Consulting with veterans regarding their academic concerns and advise them in accessing internal and external resources to address their needs.
- Collaborating with the School Certifying Official(SCO), Records Office, Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions Offices to streamline communications and processes to facilitate a more seamless transition for veterans to the University.
- Collecting, evaluating and preparing reports on the utilization of the Veteran Student Lounge and effectiveness of support services.
- Supervising VA student workers; serving as Veteran student advocate.
- Participating in appropriate UTC committees, task forces, and professional associations and conferences; serving as a member of the Dean of Students Office Leadership Team; advising the Student Veteran Organization; performing other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred. Two years’ experience working with veterans in an educational setting is required. Must have knowledge of federal and state legislation, rules, regulations policies and procedures pertaining to veteran student benefits. Must have knowledge of local, state and federal veterans’ resources. Must have the ability to effectively collaborate with internal and external offices and stakeholders; ability to manage Veteran Student Services Office and Veteran Student Lounge; ability to communicate with faculty, staff, students, local, state and federal VA representatives; ability to engage with others of diverse backgrounds; ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff, and student population. Must have strong interpersonal, customer service, organizational, oral and written communication skills. Must be skilled in data collection and analysis and reporting skills. Must have experience in coordinating programs. Preference given to veterans of the United States Armed Forces. Occasional evening, weekend, and overnight travel required. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Applications must be submitted electronically to: https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/ut_chattanooga/jobdetail.ftl?job=1800000060
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.