Architectural Structural Design Instructor
Posting # 2018-1255
Location US-WI-Eau Claire
Category Full-time Faculty
Close Date 4/1/2018
Type Faculty Contract - 34 weeks
FLSA Status Exempt
Hourly Pay Rate/Salary Based on bachelor's degree level of faculty salary schedule for 34-week contract: starting salary of $46,576 and midpoint of $59,608. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications.
Hours per Week Full-time, salaried position
Work Schedule 34-week contract, schedule will vary each term and may include day and evening assignments at various locations.
Anticipated Start Date 8/8/2018
Overview and Responsibilities
CVTC instructors are dynamic partners for students, employers, and communities to learn, train, and succeed. An instructor works with students beyond the classroom to ensure their success, models CVTC core abilities, and demonstrates commitment to excellence in program/course content and delivery. An instructor is able to work effectively in a collaborative environment; is willing to innovate and change to meet evolving program and industry needs; and demonstrates competency with use of technology that supports learning and teaching. An instructor maintains a flexible schedule, including availability for evening, weekend, or summer assignment, as appropriate.
- Plan for and instruct courses in the area of Architectural Structural Design. Program information can be found at https://www.cvtc.edu/academics/programs/architectural-structural-design
- Design and implement relevant and progressive curriculum.
- Deliver high-quality instruction through the planning and implementation of effective learning strategies and environments.
- Create performance-based assessments aligned with competencies through formative and summative measures.
- Promote student success through timely communication, growth-based feedback, and implementation of strategies that meet the needs of diverse learners.
- Meet professional expectations by maintaining professional currency and contributing to a collaborative culture across the College.
- Ability to model integrity through self-awareness, personal accountability, ethical behavior, quality standards, and sustainable practices.
- Ability to think critically by applying problem solving practices, acquiring relevant information, using technology and other resources appropriately, and evaluating alternatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively by speaking and writing clearly, concisely, and professionally; practicing active listening; reading critically and adapting communication for audience.
- Ability to value diversity by recognizing personal biases, adapting to culturally diverse situations, and demonstrating a commitment to equity, inclusion, and respectful interactions with persons of diverse ethnic, cultural, social-economic, or educational backgrounds.
- Please view the Instructor Position Description document for additional responsibilities of instructors at CVTC.
- Bachelor's degree in Architectural Structural Design, Civil Engineering, or related area. If all other knowledge, skills, and abilities are present, candidates with an associate's degree in Architectural Structural Design or related area may be considered with an agreement to complete a bachelor's degree within a predetermined amount of time after hire.
- Minimum of 2 years (5 years preferred) of related occupational experience in structural architectural design, of which at least 1 year (2,000 hours) shall be within 5 years prior to date of hire. One year (2,000 hours) of recent related occupational experience may be waived if the instructor has at least 2 years of post-secondary teaching experience in the appropriate occupational field within 5 years prior to date of hire.
- Required related experience includes:
- Structural drafting & design (steel and concrete systems)
- Architectural drafting and design
- Structural analysis
- Surveying fundamentals
- Revit and AutoCAD
- Prior teaching or training experience preferred but not required.
- Qualified per CVTC requirements at time of, and throughout, employment as an instructor. Must also meet and maintain Higher Learning Commission (HLC) requirements, Faculty Quality Assurance Standards (FQAS), and/or other job specific licensing standards.
As an equal opportunity/access employer and educator, CVTC is committed to creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Health and dental insurance for all family members
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
- 403(B) tax deferred annuity program
- 457 deferred compensation plan
- Section 125 flexible spending accounts
- Paid holidays, personal and sick leave
Chippewa Valley Technical College (CVTC) is part of the Wisconsin Technical College System (WTCS) and serves an eleven-county area in west central Wisconsin. The largest campus is located in Eau Claire and includes a Business Education Center and Health Education Center, plus a Manufacturing Education Center at the Gateway Campus and an Emergency Service Education Center and Energy Education Center at the West Campus. CVTC has regional centers in Chippewa Falls, Menomonie, Neillsville and River Falls. The College is one of 16 WTCS colleges located throughout the state.
CVTC offers 66 programs, over 25 certificates, and customized training to an average of 140 businesses annually. CVTC has an outstanding placement rate, with 91% of CVTC graduates are employed within six months of graduation, with 88% in a related field.
CVTC has a nationally recognized faculty and state-of-the art facilities and equipment. Business and industry leaders serve on advisory committees and help CVTC match its curriculum to the needs of today's workplace. Courses are offered at numerous locations in traditional classroom settings, as well as online and in a variety of blended and hybrid formats.
Equal Opportunity/Access Employer and Educator
Chippewa Valley Technical College (CVTC) does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its employment, admissions, programs, or activities.
View Complete Equal Opportunity/Access Employer & Educator Statement at https://www.cvtc.edu/about-cvtc/equal-opportunity-college