Mathematics Assistant Professor
Cosumnes River College
Mathematics Assistant Professor
Job Posting Number: F00337P
Salary: $46,470 to $77,043 annually. Additional earnings may be available for summer, overloads, and stipends. LRCCD Salary Schedules
Additional Salary Information Entering annual salary within a given range varies, depending upon units/degrees completed at accredited colleges/universities and experience. Candidates not holding a master's degree may start at a salary lower than posted above.
Closing Date: 03/12/2018
Complete job description and application available online at: https://jobs.losrios.edu/postings/6447
The faculty member shall be responsible for the following: teaching assigned classes under the supervision of the area dean; helping students fulfill their maximum potential in mastering course content; assessing student learning outcomes; maintaining a thorough and up-to-date knowledge in their regular teaching field; utilizing current technology in the performance of job duties; maintaining standards of professional conduct and ethics appropriate to the professional position; assisting with articulation and curriculum development and review; serving on college committees and participating in faculty governance including accreditation and student co-curricular activities; assuming other responsibilities as assigned by the area dean; fulfilling other duties and responsibilities of a full-time faculty as outlined in the college faculty handbook.
The Cosumnes River College’s Mathematics Department is dedicated to providing a rigorous, but supportive and diverse academic experience. We emphasize challenging lecture courses, where instructors work closely with students to help them reach their goals while adhering to the Department’s standards of excellence in mathematics education. We constantly strive to improve the quality of our instruction and are eager to add faculty members who are dedicated to both mathematics and teaching.
The Mathematics department maintains a focus on:
• Understanding the diverse backgrounds, learning styles and challenges of community college students.
• Innovative teaching that encourages critical thinking, student success, and lifelong learning.
• Exploring and providing alternative pathways to support students in non-STEM majors.
• Promoting academic integrity in our students and ourselves.
• Continued and ongoing professional growth.
• Promoting a collaborative working environment.
• Embracing alternative and innovative approaches to bolster student success without sacrificing rigor or mathematical theory.
• Service to the department, college, and community.
Applicants applying to this position may also be interested in applying to the following positions:
• Mathematics Assistant Professor (Two Positions) at American River College, posting #F00303P
• Mathematics Assistant Professor (Two Positions) at Sacramento City College, posting #F00320P
The instructional assignment may include, but is not limited to, teaching courses in all levels of Mathematics offered at the college in:
• Calculus (for biology and pre-med students)
• Differential Equations
• Industrial Field Mathematics (courses covering mathematics used in the math-related industry field)
• Linear Algebra
The instructional assignment may include day, evening, online, hybrid, weekend, and/or off campus classes.
1. Have a master’s degree from an accredited institution, completed by August 23, 2018, in Mathematics or Applied Mathematics; OR, have a bachelor’s degree in either of the above, AND have a master’s degree in Statistics, Physics, or Mathematics Education; OR, hold a California Community College Instructor’s Credential in the discipline area; OR, the equivalent.*
2. Have sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, including those with physical or learning disabilities as it relates to differences in learning styles.
*Note: Applicants applying under the “equivalent” provision must attach details and explain how their academic preparation is equivalent of the degrees listed above.
The Los Rios Community College District is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, political affiliation or belief, or marital status.