Requisition Number: STFR004351
Division/College: Information Technology Services
Location: Boston Main Campus
Full-time/Part-time: Full Time
Northeastern University ITS (Information Technology & Services) is looking to add a release manager to join Digital Technology & Services team.
Job Responsibilities (include, but not limited to the following):
- Manages the software releases from end-to-end, keeping a schedule to track releases.
- Recommendations for source code control changes and processes to manage and release software.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of new technology, equipment, and systems.
- Manages the source code control repository and maintain source branch integrity.
- Design automation interfaces
- Primary gatekeeper for managing software versions as correlated to scheduled releases.
- Maintains a release schedule.
- Holds regular meetings to review schedules.
- Creates and maintains procedures for release management.
- Maintains release notes and release communication to customers and IT staff.
- Project and task management and reporting as necessary.
To ensure that essential services are provided to the university community, the employee will be required to work outside their regular working hours as needed.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Math, Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field; Master’ degree preferred.
- Exceptional communication skills including written, verbal and presentations
- Exceptional team player
- Knowledge of continuous Integration / deployment tools Github, Jenkins, Nexus, and Ansible.
- Familiarity with DevOps tooling Virtual Box and Vagrant
- Knowledge of AWS’s Code Build, Code Deploy, and Cloud Formation
- Ability to manage various workload of projects with many priorities. Prioritization skills are key, as the nature of opportunity, urgency of need and size of the work rapidly change
- 3+ years’ experience working with a DevOps environment
A criminal background check is required for this role.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: Careers@Northeastern
Northeastern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Educational Institution and Employer, Title IX University. Northeastern University particularly welcomes applications from minorities, women and persons with disabilities. Northeastern University is an E-Verify Employer.