Food Service Manager 1
Working Title Food Service Manager 1 - Market
Eastern Washington University is recruiting for a Food Service Manager 1. This 11 month position will manage food service operations, employees and events in Dining Services. The position is responsible for management food service/grocery market and satellite operations, supervises operations staff including Classified, part time and students; assigns and schedules work; gives in service training to supervisors, leads and other employees; May also supervise and instruct kitchen staff in simple food preparation and kitchen procedures; cooks, bakers, servers, and other food services personnel and part time support staff.
On top of salary, the University offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, life and disability insurance and retirement. In addition, EWU offers generous vacation and sick leave accruals, 10 paid holidays per year and fringe benefits, such as tuition waiver for employees, discounted EWU sports tickets and free transportation through STA buses.
EWU expands opportunities for personal transformation through excellence in learning.
About Eastern Washington University
Eastern is a regional, comprehensive university located in Cheney, 20 minutes from downtown Spokane. In addition to Eastern's Cheney campus, we also offer our Riverpoint campus in Spokane, plus additional teaching/learning centers located in other cities throughout Washington State. Enrollment has reached over 12,000 students. The Cheney-Spokane area is the heart of the Inland Northwest, with excellent restaurants, theater, shopping, skiing, hiking, lakes, a choice of living in a medium-sized city or a small town, and high quality schools and housing.
Eastern Washington University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Eastern Washington University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and applications from members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged.
Conditions of Employment
This position requires a valid food handler's permit and a valid driver's license. This position, during the course of university employment will be involved in the receipt of, or accountability for, university funds or other items of value; as well as the unsupervised access with the developmentally disabled, vulnerable adults or children under the age of 16. Successful applicant will be required to pass a background check for continued employment.
This is an agency shop position.
If you would like to obtain a copy of the Essential Functions Analysis form, which describes the physical and mental demands of the position, please contact Vara Lyn Conrath at [email protected]Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid driver's license
- Valid food handler's permit
- Two years of supervisory or lead work experience in grocery, convenience store and or food operations involving work in the planning, organization, and production of meals, food procurement, storage, and preparation or closely related work.
- Bachelor's degree involving major study in retail sale or institutional food management, restaurant management, business management or dietetics may be substituted for two years of the required experience.
- Candidate must demonstrate interest, ability and/or experience promoting cultural competency, universal accessibility and/or diversity.
- 2 years of supervisory experience in college/university food services
- 2 years of supervisory experience in grocery, convenience store or food service management
Other Skills and Abilities: