Contracts Specialist, Procurement & Contract Services - 180000004P
This position is responsible for ensuring University contract compliance with state law and fiscal policy, maintaining contractual records electronically, and providing customer service to University departments and outside vendors.
- Handle the revising, processing and executing of University contracts, licensing agreements, nondisclosure agreements, memorandums of understanding and other legally binding agreements as required by the University.
- Conduct contract reviews and provide red-lined recommendations to vendors to bring agreements into compliance with Tennessee state law and University fiscal policy requirements.
- Work with the Director of Procurement & Contracts, as well as other teams, such as Finance, Legal, Risk Management/Safety, and the UT System Office, on contract financial, legal or insurance requirements, and to analyze potential risks that legal agreements and contractual revisions may pose to the University.
- Serve as point-of-contact between the University’s campus departments and vendors as to contractual provision finalization and agreement execution, partnering with the Director of Procurement & Contract Services as needed.
- Ensure all contracts are electronically signed and delivered to relevant parties.
- Maintain and update contracts and amendments in the University's contract management system for ease of accessibility by campus departments and the staff of Procurement & Contract Services, and for audit purposes. Maintenance will reflect an organized system of electronic records in accordance with University policies, as well as legal and regulatory frameworks.
- Provide direction as needed to campus departments on contract review guidelines and requirements, with administrative task support from the Purchasing Specialist on the Procurement & Contract Services team.
Associate’s degree in Paralegal studies required. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field preferred. Two years of experience in a contract specialist, paralegal or related role and five years of experience in an office environment required. Two years of customer service experience preferred.
Knowledge of state contract requirements and fiscal policy in a higher education setting preferred. Experience in an operation involving quick and accurate completion of assigned tasks in accord with specific legal requirements is strongly desired. SAP knowledge preferred.
Must have excellent organizational skills and the ability to maintain a working knowledge of University policies and procedures. Must have the ability to exercise time management to prioritize competing tasks, meet deadlines with frequent interruptions, and make decisions with minimal guidance required. Attention to accuracy and detail is essential. Must have excellent reading, comprehension and communication skills, both oral and written. Must utilize both a team focus and forward thinking approach.
Applications must be submitted electronically to: https://ut.taleo.net/careersection/ut_chattanooga/jobdetail.ftl?job=180000004P
The University of Tennessee Chattanooga is an EEO/AA/Title VI/Title IX/Section 504/ADA/ADEA institution in the provision of its education and employment programs and services. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, or covered veteran status.