Residential Education Coordinator
Nebraska Wesleyan University seeks applications for an individual who can work in a fast paced environment to serve as a Residential Education Coordinator (REC). The Residential Education Coordinator (REC) is a full-time, live-in professional who serves as the supervisor of residential communities on campus. The Residential Education Coordinator reports to the Assistant Dean for Student Success and Residential Education and serves on a team of Residential Education professional staff including 3 additional Residential Education Coordinators, 25 Peer Assistants, an Administrative Assistant for Residential Education and the Assistant Dean for Student Success and Residential Education.
* Directly supervise 5-8 Peer Assistants and indirectly supervise 20 additional Peer Assistants
* Coordinate weekly staff meetings and one-on-one meetings where you provide formal and informal evaluations and feedback of performance and expectations
* Monitor and maintain in-hall duty rotation
* Oversee staff performance/progress within the student success model & budgets
* Facilitate staff development and assist with the selection and training of student staff members
* Assist Peer Assistant staff with implementing and developing community with a community standards focus
* Create and maintain a developmental environment that supports the academic mission of NWU while also promoting personal & social development
* Oversee one residence hall or complex while providing assistance to other on-campus communities as needed
* Coordinate the opening and closing of facilities, facilitating room and contract changes, maintaining essential office records including rosters
Community Standards & Conduct
* Communicate, interpret and enforce department and university standards and policies to residents and will appropriately adjudicate student conduct cases
* Ensure staff members are appropriately confronting and documenting behavioral issues and concerns
* Provide programs and other proactive educational interventions to minimize behavioral issues
Crisis Management & On-Call Response / Student Support
* Serve in a rotating on-call rotation for the on-campus communities providing emergency assistance to residents and staff
* Serve as an Outreach Coordinator for the University’s Student Support System
Student Relationships & Role Modeling
* Get to know residents and maintain a high level of visibility while acting as a positive role model at all times, both on and off campus
* Serve as a resource for information concerning University life, promoting student involvement in residence hall activities, hall governance and general co-curricular life at NWU
* Bachelor’s degree, however a Master’s degree will be given preference.
* Two years previous experience in Residence Life/Housing preferred.
* Must be able to work with students, faculty, parents and administration in order to insure optimum residence hall and housing operation.
* Must have experience and knowledge in crisis management, counseling, and intervention programs.
* Be able to set and achieve goals related time lines, project management and event oversight.
* Possess good interpersonal communication skills, as well as strong oral and written communication skills.
* Demonstrate good organizational skills, be detail oriented, and be adaptable and flexible.
* Demonstrate the ability to maintain and be responsible for confidential information.
* Knowledge regarding legal dimensions associated with housing is a plus.
Commitment to Diversity:
Diversity is a core value of Nebraska Wesleyan University’s mission and we embrace it as a source of strength. Nebraska Wesleyan University provides equal educational and employment opportunities to qualified persons in all areas of university operation without regard to religion or creed, age, genetic information, gender identity and expression, sexual identity and orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, race, or national or ethnic origin, in compliance with state and federal laws, including but not limited to Title XII, Title IX, and the ADA. E-Verify, EOE.
How to Apply:
To apply, please send letter of application, resume, and the names of three professional references to Maria Harder at [email protected]. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Please visit the NWU website for more information about our institution: nebrwesleyan.edu