Undergraduate Analytics Manager
National Louis University’s new undergraduate Pathways Program has set the ambitious goal of becoming a local and national leader in closing the achievement gap in bachelor’s degree attainment. Through an innovative, affordable, rigorous, flexible, supportive, and professionally focused approach to undergraduate education, NLU seeks to help thousands of students – many of whom face significant barriers to completing college – get to and through college and move on to successful careers and fulfilling lives.
A critical aspect of ensuring student and program success is a relentlessly data-driven approach to planning, execution, and continuous improvement in all aspects of the undergraduate experience. The Undergraduate Analytics Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing the reports, tools, systems, and processes necessary to drive efficient and effective use of data by Undergraduate faculty and staff and ensure a seamless 4-year experience for undergraduate students.
The Undergraduate Analytics Manager will work in collaboration with the Director of Undergraduate Analytics and Strategic Initiatives to lead the execution of University’s undergraduate data strategy and will also support key grant initiatives of the Pathways program, including the implementation of Developmental Education and a Career Bridge through budget and performance tracking, analysis and reporting.
This position will report to the Director of Undergraduate Analytics and Strategic Initiatives while working collaboratively across Pathways and the University to ensure all objectives are achieved.
• Student-Focused: Make decisions based on what is best for students with the belief that when all students have access to resources and support, they are empowered to achieve success.
• Expect Excellence: Hold high expectations for our students and for the adults who serve them, and hold ourselves accountable for achieving excellence.
• Personalized Support: Take a holistic approach to providing individualized support that encourages students to realize their full potential in college and beyond.
• Data-Driven, Collaborative Environment: Work together as a unified team, utilizing real-time data and technology to adapt to student needs.
• Continuous Improvement and Innovation: Remain agile and open to changes and new ideas-incorporating data as well as student, faculty and administration voice-to ensure that we are continuously learning, improving, and innovating in all aspects of the student experience.
• Design and implement instructional data tools/reports (utilizing Tableau or other data visualization platform) and corresponding data review protocols to support instructors and department chairs in planning and adjusting classroom instruction on a regular basis.
• Lead data reviews with major course faculty and department chairs, including conducting relevant analyses of student and program performance, guiding internal team continuous improvement discussions.
• Lead the development and execution of data collection tools to measure program key performance indicators (e.g. survey for student/faculty feedback on Development Education).
• Collaborate with the Director of Undergraduate Analytics on the design and execution of the program evaluation and relevant research.
• Develop and execute learning opportunities to strengthen capacity of Undergraduate faculty/staff on the use data to inform practice.
• In collaboration with University stakeholders, prepare grant initiative activity and budget reports for key initiatives. Conduct strategic analyses and ad hoc data requests based on Undergraduate College needs.
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Advanced analytical abilities including the ability to define strategic questions, identify relevant analytic methods, and synthesize key findings and recommendations.
• Strong problem solving abilities, including experience using both data and other fact finding techniques (process maps, interviews, etc.) to identify the root cause of issues.
• Sophisticated Excel and PowerPoint skills required.
• Experience with coding (SAS, SQL, etc.) and working in data visualization/analytical software (Tableau, SAS, etc.)
• Ability to quickly learn and utilize data systems.
• Flexible and comfortable working on a variety of assignments at a given time; able to balance competing priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrated commitment to client service and relationship building
• Demonstrated interest in Education is essential; experience in education or youth services preferred.
• Ability to thrive in a teamwork atmosphere while consistently maintaining own individual goals.
• Strong oral and written communication skills; capable of effectively communicating with a variety of audiences.
• Organized with strong attention to details.
Experience and/or Education:
• Bachelor’s degree required; Masters degree or above preferred
• A minimum of seven years of professional experience with increasing levels of responsibility; successful track record requiring experience in data analysis, project management, strategic planning, relationship management, and consultative skills.