Sales Development Representative
Inside Higher Ed is the leading digital media company serving the higher education space. Born digital in the 21st Century at the height of the Internet revolution, our publication has become the trusted, go-to source of online news, thought leadership, and opinion over the last decade.
Recently we have experienced massive audience and user growth. We need your help to capitalize on this expansion.
The Sales Development Representative directly interfaces with top level academic affairs and HR professionals at colleges and universities. This role is critical to our success. We are looking for a hungry, driven, ambitious, competitive go-getter who wants to jump start their sales career. The SDR's sole function in life is to set as many demo appointments as possible for your team. You will be rewarded for your success. This position reports to the General Manager of Careers.
- High volume of cold calls and emails every day
- Understand the company’s offerings with the ability to speak to benefits with authority
- Develop and maintain targeted contact lists of four-year institutional prospects, including pre-call research
- Achieve weekly quota of demo meetings set
- Collaborate daily with senior sellers for seamless account hand-off, including demo pre-call
- Collaborate with General Manager to refine strategy and tactics to maximize effectiveness
- A "take no prisoners attitude": motivated to succeed for self and team equally.
- Strong work ethic: hungry, driven, ambitious, competitive go-getter.
- Ability to learn on the fly and figure out how the right strategy to win.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability and enthusiasm to build effective relationships with a wide range of people.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office and comfort learning systems like Salesforce CRM, etc.
- We are open to recent college grads and folks with a few years of experience with inside sales.
- If you are not comfortable cold calling, this is not the right opportunity for you.
- If you want to work with a dynamic team of great people and jump start your sales career, let's talk!
Are you ready to help institutions find the best faculty and staff talent?
Inside Higher Ed will provide a competitive base salary and generous commission plan as well as a full slate of benefits and a convenient location in the heart of Midtown DC.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Andy Bryan [email protected].
Inside Higher Ed is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We are unable to sponsor for this position. No contract or remote opportunities available.
Share this job with your network:
Diversity Profile: University