Dean, Campus Operations
Chamberlain College of Nursing is committed to providing quality and accessible nursing education. Most nursing schools incorporate tools for building nurse-patient relationships into their curricula, but Chamberlain has gone a step further and made care of students a part of the educational culture. Chamberlain believes that extraordinary care of nursing students is more likely to lead to extraordinary patient and family care. If you share in this belief and model behaviors of care, respect and professionalism, creating a culture that fosters collaboration, cooperation and respect among all, the position of Dean, Campus Operations might be right for you. Reporting to the Campus President, the Dean, Campus Operations is responsible for providing direction and leadership to multiple operational areas of the Sacramento campus. Areas of responsibility include admissions, student services, class scheduling, preparing budgets and monitoring the financial performance of the campus. In partnership with the Campus President, this role will also work with the national marketing team to ensure that marketing resources are maximized appropriately based on local market needs.
- Provides direction and leadership to the admissions and student services teams, which may include direct supervision of admissions and/or student services leaders.
- Ensures that classes are scheduled appropriately based on student and curriculum needs.
- Monitors campus financial performance and prepares budget reports for the President and national finance team.
- Hires and on boards operations staff.
- In partnership with the national team and Campus President, monitors overall campus performance in operational areas and development and implements plans to address areas of deficiency.
- Works closely with national marketing team to ensure that resources are utilized appropriately based on local market conditions.
- Ensures that all campus activities and operations are carried out in compliance with statutory regulations.
- Responsible for the planning, assigning and directing work of subordinates; appraising their performance and addressing areas of concern.
- Develops and coordinates the student enrollment activities.
- Ensures that the student service team's activities meet all new and continuing student needs in the areas of student finance, academic advisement and counseling and registrar services.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree required, Masters preferred.
- 5 years' solid business experience in an operations role.
- 3 years' experience in a leadership role in either education or healthcare required.
- Previous classroom experience preferred.
- Excellent leadership skills with demonstrated ability to problem solve and make decisions.
Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
We are proud to be an EEO employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. Thank you for applying for this outstanding opportunity today.