If you are an HR professional with exceptional analytic skills who has demonstrated knowledge of and experience in compensation principles and practices, we encourage your application for the Compensation Analyst position at Bucknell University. We seek a team member who has exceptional analytical skills and is also great at building relationships and communicating with all levels of administration, staff and faculty. Our strategic HR team works collaboratively across the University to develop and implement solutions in all functional areas of Human Resources.
As a member of a service-oriented team of Human Resource professionals, and reporting to the Compensation Manager, the Compensation Analyst will perform a variety of complex professional, technical and analytical classification and compensation activities related to the development and maintenance of the University's compensation programs. The incumbent will also play an important role in developing and writing policies and procedures which will require excellent research and communication skills.
The Compensation Analyst will work closely with other members of the HR team to support the strategic and tactical needs of the department and will provide analytical, project and business support to additional HR functional areas including benefits, HRIS, Recruitment and other areas in HR.
• Provide needed support and expertise to enhance and further develop current compensation programs and services. Think critically, review data and look for trends. Complete complex data entry, formatting, formulas and other work with spreadsheets in Microsoft Excel. Develop summary or detailed documents or reports. Work extensively in/with other software programs and systems including the HRIS, compensation management system, recruitment management system or other similar programs.
• Assist with compensation surveys which includes exporting data for participation in surveys, uploading survey results, and reviewing individual job profiles to develop position benchmark data. Assist with maintenance of benchmarks in the HRIS.
• Maintain data integrity in Bucknell's compensation management system.
• Assist with researching and approving one-time payments, supplemental payments, additional jobs, allowances and other pay practices.
• Coordinate workforce and talent management efforts with clients relative to establishing solid promotion rationales, collaborating with compensation on offers, salary actions, and audits. Serve as a compensation approver in the recruitment management system.
• Review requests for classification review and make recommendations. This includes reviewing job questionnaires, conferring with managers and employees, evaluating jobs and preparing written reports on findings. Communicate with stakeholders regarding the result of compensation work.
• Support the annual staff merit process by training and working collaboratively with compensation pool managers. Review audit reports and assist with employee communications.
• Research situations as they arise related to aspects of compensation to provide clarity for resolution in consideration of contract provisions, historical practices, similar situations, etc.
• Review jobs for strategic management reorganizations, contractual reviews and projects, including both job audit and evaluation. Documents job-specific findings and recommendations to contribute to a comprehensive project report.
• Provide analytical support and data analysis on other HR projects and metrics.
• Prepare and present summary and other materials in a manner that is easy to read and understand,
• Assist the Compensation Manager with policy development, projects, and procedures. Policy Management and Administration includes reviewing, researching, creating, updating, and communicating policies related to the staff compensation program.
• Assist in the review, research, creation and updating of other HR policies including, but not limited to those in the University Staff Handbook. Work collaboratively with other HR team members with guidance from the Director for HR Services and the HR Generalist. Include applicable University stakeholders and other campus constituents during the review process as appropriate. Policy administration responsibilities may include training, communication and evaluation.
• Stay current on federal, state and case law changes and actively monitor labor law updates for changes that may affect HR processes, policies or procedures.
• Assist in capturing, analyzing and reporting on HR trends.
• This position works with highly sensitive and confidential information.
• Support and contribute to the University's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
• Perform other duties as required or requested.
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum of 3 years of experience in HR or related/transferable business experience
• Exceptional attention to accuracy and detail
• Demonstrated analytical and technical skills including experience working with Excel
• Ability to respect highly sensitive and confidential information
• Strong written and oral presentation and communication skills
• Ability to interact professionally and respectfully with strong relationship building skills
• Aptitude for working in a dynamic, busy environment and a willingness to grow and assist as needed
• Ability to think about and approach projects strategically and creatively with appropriate tactical skills to effectively maintain a heavy workload
• HR professional certification (PHR, SPHR, SHRM-CP, SHRM-SCP)
• Certified Compensation Professional (CCP)
• Experience in higher education or service-oriented organization
Bucknell University provides equal opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, marital status, veteran status or disability in admissions, employment and in all of its educational programs and activities.
Bucknell University is a private, highly selective, unique national University where liberal arts and strong professional programs in engineering, business, education and music complement each other. We seek candidates who are committed to Bucknell's efforts to create a climate that fosters the growth and development of a diverse student body, and we welcome applications from members of groups that have been historically underrepresented in higher education. Bucknell is a NCAA Division I (FCS) and Patriot League member institution that sponsors 27 varsity athletics programs. Located in Central Pennsylvania along the Susquehanna River, Bucknell is nestled in the Borough of Lewisburg, an architectural gem that has been ranked as one of America's best small towns. The Lewisburg area offers a unique combination of outdoor recreation opportunities, and appealing amenities such as art galleries, an art deco theater, historic museums, and charming independent boutiques and restaurants. In addition to the many cultural and athletic events offered by the University and the Borough, the surrounding region offers outstanding schools, medical facilities, and an affordable cost of living. For those who crave the city, Bucknell is within an easy three-hour drive to Philadelphia, New York, Baltimore, and Washington, D.C.
Advertised: 06 Feb 2018 Eastern Standard Time