Full-time Instructor, Economics
Minimum starting base salary is $43,605. Salaries may be adjusted higher commensurate with education and experience. Annual faculty contract is nine-months (166 days: 83 days/semester) paid out over 12 months. Summer overload may be required
Full-time Instructor, Economics
Full-time, tenure-track, benefited faculty position.
Position begins Fall Semester, August 2018
Aims Community College at a Glance:
Aims Community College, locally governed, locally funded, is a debt-free and progressive community college with centralized administrative services located on the Greeley Campus, which supports three additional locations. Situated on the front range of the Colorado Rockies, and enjoying 300+ days of sunshine a year, Aims Community College is student success oriented and prepares students for success in more than 200 degree and certificate programs. You are not just a number here at Aims Community College, our wonderful Staff, Faculty, and Administration work as a team to ensure excellent service and offer the most affordable tuition in the front range.
Purpose: Build a Stronger Community
Vision: First Choice - The Recognized Leader in Learning and Student Success
Mission: Provide knowledge and skills to advance quality of life, economic vitality, and overall success of the diverse communities we serve.
2018-2023 Strategic Directions:
Empower Students to Succeed
Enhance Operational Performance
Enrich Northern Colorado Economic Development
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide effective and high quality instruction in all economic courses.
2. Revise the economics curriculum and courses as well as develop new courses to maintain current in pedagogy, content, and the high standards of the College.
3. Design educational methodologies and adopt learning-centered teaching practices to enhance student learning, including online instruction and computer-based technologies.
4. Establish and communicate clearly defined student learning outcomes, provide a diverse array of learning activities that are tied to and assess those outcomes, and participate in an ongoing college-wide dialogue about teaching and learning.
5. Collaborate in the development and implementation of diagnostic, formative, and summative assessments of student learning in economics courses.
a) Analyze and utilize assessment data to improve instruction and learning.
6. Fulfill responsibilities of full-time faculty, including:
a) participate in program and curriculum design, review, and evaluation;
b) post and maintain regular office hours;
c) engage in professional development to maintain currency in field of expertise;
d) meet College service requirements by making meaningful contributions on campus and/or community groups;
e) provide competent advising to students seeking an Associate of Arts degree.
7. Teach at any scheduled time, including evenings and weekends, on any campus as assigned by the Social Sciences Chair or Academic Dean.
8. Assist the Social Sciences department in the evaluation and selection of textbooks and other resources.
9. Demonstrate a willingness to embrace and work as a team member toward the fulfillment of the College's Mission Statement, Purpose, Vision and commitment to Diversity.
10. Participate in institutional and departmental retention and recruitment activities.
11. Maintain positive, cooperative, and professional interpersonal relationships with students, faculty, staff, and administration.
12. Perform other department, division, and/or institutional duties as assigned.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a part/full-time basis.
1. College level experience teaching Principles of Macroeconomics and Principles of Microeconomics
2. Master of Arts degree in economics from a regionally accredited institution
3. Experience working with adult, non-traditional, or diverse learners
4. Evidence of teaching excellence
5. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
6. Online, hybrid, or distance education experience
Preferred College Teaching Experience:
1. Community college teaching
2. Economics of Social Issues
3. Online courses
4. Assessment of student learning outcomes
Full-time, 8:00am to 5:00pm Monday-Friday, with some weekends and evenings as required
Special Instructions to Applicants
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS AND INFORMATION
• The Application is the only document that will be utilized to determine if minimum qualifications outlined in the job posting have been met (resumes will not be reviewed for minimum qualification requirements); therefore, clearly identify by course title the college-level courses you have taught.
• Clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, preferred qualifications, and essential job duties in the "Work Experience" section on the application. We must be able to evaluate your experience based on this information.
• Clearly outline dates of employment and if it was a part-time or full-time position for each employment experience listed in the Work Experience section of the Application so that we can calculate full-time experience.
• If an Application is considered "Incomplete", the application will be removed from consideration for the position.
• An Application is incomplete if no current/ previous employment is included in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• An Application is incomplete if "see resume" (or something similar) is noted, or previous employment does not contain job duties for every position in the Work Experience section of the Application.
• When a resume is listed as a required document, it may be used in the comparative analysis/ evaluation process to determine the candidates that most closely meet the qualifications of the position. This process occurs after an application has passed the minimum qualifications screening. **Please see the "Required Documents" section of the posting.
• Resumes will not be accepted in place of a complete application; however, resumes may still be required as a component of complete application materials.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Notice: Aims Community College is an equal opportunity employer. Selection will be based solely on merit and will be without discrimination based on age, sex, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, marital status or disability. The goal of Aims is to enhance the diversity present in the district we serve. To comply with Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, if hired you will be required to provide documents within 3 days of hire date to show your identity and your authorization to work. This law applies to all persons hired.
Screening/Selection: All applicants may apply on line at jobs.aims.edu. If you need assistance with this process please contact Human Resources.
Initial screening will be conducted by a committee based on completed application materials.
Please be prepared to submit the following if required:
• Cover Letter addressing qualifications relative to position requirements,
• Diversity Statement (your personal statement on diversity),
• Teaching Philosophy (for faculty positions only) and,
• Transcripts (if applicable). Official transcripts will be required if hired.
o Faculty: Applicants must submit academic transcripts from an accredited institution. Applicants who have degrees from outside of the United States must request a credential evaluation of their transcript. National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (www.naces.org) or Association of International Credential Evaluators (www.aice-eval.org) lists members who may be contacted for assistance in evaluating foreign credentials.
All application materials become the property of Aims Community College. All application materials must be submitted by the closing date posted. The screening committee will select finalists for interviews.
Quicklink for Posting http://jobs.aims.edu/postings/2695
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * For recruitment statistics, please list where you found this job posting.
- Aims Website
- Internal Posting
- Personal Referral
- HigherEdjobs - Diversity and Inclusion
- Denver Post
- Greeley Tribune
- Local Newspaper Ad
- ACCT Executive Search
- Weld County Employment Service
- Other Source
- * What is the highest level of education attained?
- High School Diploma
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Professional Degree
- * The application instructions and information section on the application states that you must clearly document job duties performed that relate to minimum qualifications, etc. in the "Work Experience" section on the application. Please acknowledge that you have read and understand what is expected and that the initial review of applications will focus only on what is listed in the Work Experience section and not other required documents such as your resume.
- Yes, I meet the minimum qualifications and have documented this in the Work Experience section.
- No, I do not meet all of the minimum qualifications however I have documented my experience in the Work Experience section.
- Cover Letter
- Copy of Transcripts
- Diversity Statement
- Teaching Philosophy
- Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document