Research Specialist I/II
Requisition # 2018-8448
Department Molecular Biology
Category Research and Laboratory
Full-Time / Part-Time Full-Time
Princeton University's Department of Molecular Biology seeks applicants for a research specialist position to join a laboratory using mammalian cell culture systems to study normal and cancer cell behaviors. The successful candidate will act as lab manager and also carry out an independent research project such as editing genes using the CRISPR/Cas9 system.
Specific duties will include:
- culturing of mammalian cells
- preparing DNA constructs
- cell transfections and lentiviral infections
- protein expression and purification
- fluorescence microscopy
- ordering supplies
This is a three-year term position with the possibility of renewal.
- Bachelor's degree with course work in cell/developmental biology, biochemistry, and/or molecular biology required or Master's degree with 4+ years' experience in cell/developmental biology, molecular biology and/or biochemistry. Rank/level will be commensurate with the qualifications of the selected candidate.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, coordinate and carry out independent research required.
- Minimum two years of work experience in a lab setting is preferred.
- Applicants should be willing to commit to the position for at least two years.
Level/grade will be commensurate with the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Standard Weekly Hours
Eligible for Overtime
Essential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)
Estimated Appointment End Date
Comments Related to End Date
3 year term position
Physical Capacity Exam Required
Valid Driver's License Required
Connect With Us! Join our Talent Network to receive updates about working at Princeton.
Princeton University requires all candidates to complete a background check successfully prior to the start of employment. The type and extent of background checks may vary depending on job requirements and/or functions.
Go to our careers site.