University of Redlands
POSITION CODE: 3994
DEPARTMENT: Facilities Management
APPOINTMENT: Administrative, Full-time, 12 Months
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: 12 months
POSTING DATE: February 9, 2018
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
Reporting to the Associate Director of Operations, the Custodial Manager plans, directs and reviews the operations and activities of the custodial department, directly supervises all staff assigned to this department and all assigned projects. This unit is responsible for all custodial activities on campus and is the first responder to all biohazard clean-up issues. Custodial Manager will carry a University provided cell phone to respond to emergencies. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manages the identification, development, approval and assignment of custodial work. Involves coordination with faculty, administrators and staff.
- Establishes goals, priorities, schedules, timeframes, and assess performance against these measures. Works with supervisor to strategize and prioritize short and long-term campus projects, analyzes trends in building component failures. Reports to supervisor on buildings in need of renovation.
- Assists in recruitment, hiring, training and supervision of unit's custodial staff; oversees performance evaluation process, ensures consistent use of all applicable policies and procedures. Counsels, disciplines, and/or recommends termination of employees as needed.
- Manages operational expenditures within prescribed budget, oversees the purchase of custodial supplies and equipment.
- Understands and ensures unit compliance with all University policies and procedures and with all applicable local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed.
Position requires a high school diploma or equivalent supplemented by one (1) of additional course work in business management, custodial management, project management or related subjects, five (5) years' experience in a similar position or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience should include three (3) years of supervisory experience, schedule management, complete knowledge of Custodial Services and best practices, preferably in an institution of higher education. The successful candidate will possess strong leadership, management and communication skills, bilingual preferred. Candidate must possess excellent organizational, writing and interpersonal skills and have the ability to work independently while managing multiple tasks and responsibilities simultaneously; strong problem-solving abilities. Selected candidate must successfully pass an investigative background check; possess a valid driver's license, a current DMV printout demonstrating a good driving record must be presented after offer of employment. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty and staff. In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call (909) 748-8040.
TO APPLY: Submit a University of Redlands Administrator application form at https://myredlandsapps.redlands.edu/HRAdministratorEmployment/
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909-748-8040 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYEE