Executive Assistant to the Director of the Kozmetsky Center
Executive Assistant to the Director of the Kozmetsky Center
St. Edward's University
Overview - #J17134
The Kozmetsky Center, located within St. Edward's University, is currently seeking a highly motivated, talented, and well-qualified applicant who is interested in filling a major staff position that will be responsible for contributing to the continued growth and development of the Center. This position offers the opportunity to work in a dynamic educational center with a substantial local, national, and global professional network; facilitating productive associations among academics of various disciplines, policy practitioners, and the private sector. To be successful, the candidate must be able to provide comprehensive assistance and support to the Director of the Kozmetsky Center as well as plan and execute a wide variety of professional events and programs. The salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications and a comprehensive benefits package will be included. Additionally, this position provides excellent potential for international professional career development. This full-time at-will position, located in Austin, Texas, (ranked one of the country's most desirable cities), is a three-year appointment and carries the possibility for extension.
• Provide highly skilled office managerial and executive administrative support to the Director of the Kozmetsky Center
• Serve as office manager overseeing daily functioning of the Kozmetsky Center (scheduling, phone/email, social media outreach, correspondence, budgeting, etc.)
• Support the Director in managing meetings, symposia and all other functions of the Kozmetsky Center in a diverse international setting
• Coordinate the activities of the Center with the University and broader community
• Provide skilled support in arranging travel, visas, and arrangements for international visitors/programs; efficiently and reliably manage all travel details for visitors to the Center
• Provide administrative and travel support for coordinating conferences, events, and educational programs both in the United States and at international sites in collaboration with colleagues based overseas
• Assist the Director with preparing competitive grant applications and soliciting external funding
• Assist in managing a high quality website and effectively manage the Center's media and promotional outreach
• Assist the Director in administering the budget
• Assist the Director with the development of correspondence and reports for internal and external audiences
• Coordinate recruitment and work of student interns efficiently
• Support service of the Director on external boards and community and international organizations
• Education/Experience: Position requires significant prior overseas professional experience -OR- an advanced degree in a relevant international field; experience in higher education environment desirable; proven record of superior writing skills; experience managing budgets and computer/web technology (essential); prior knowledge and experience working in senior level professional settings and official protocol management (highly desirable); area regional expertise and foreign language fluency (highly desirable); prior experience in external fundraising and grant writing (highly desirable)
• Communication Skills: There is extensive interaction with personnel at all levels of the university, as well as with local and international leaders; exceptional communication skills are required, as well as professionalism in working with diverse individuals in multiple local and global contexts
• Project Management Skills: Demonstrated success in executive office management; must be highly productive and efficient in managing the daily office tasks for the Center and providing support to the Director in executing events; must be able to contribute to a productive and dynamic international work environment; professionalism in corresponding and interacting with visitors and the community (essential); knowledge of budgeting, computers, social media and excellent writing skills (required)
• Organizational Skills and Decision-making: This position requires sophisticated judgment and organizational skills in setting priorities, fulfilling tasks, and deviating from established schedules or procedures to accomplish the strategic goals established by the Center Director; careful attention to detail and capacity to set priorities in accomplishing objectives established by the Director (essential); requires highly organized professional capable of effectively managing multiple critical tasks simultaneously
• Other: A record of integrity, trustworthiness, reliability, and commitment to the values and mission of St. Edward's University essential; commitment to supporting the programs and objectives for the Kozmetsky Center, and demonstrated interest in the substantive global topic areas of concentration for the Center (essential); Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal history background check (required).
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,800 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. It is an exciting time to be part of the St. Edward's University and the Kozmetsky Center as we seek to significantly expand our global associations and engagement.
About The Kozmetsky Center of Excellence
The Kozmetsky Center aims to enrich the intellectual life of St. Edward's University, and to serve as a resource for informing the broader public on critical global issues. The Center seeks to deepen understanding of the complex challenges of an increasingly integrated world. We facilitate interdisciplinary exchanges among experts, students, faculty, and the broader public in a variety of forums. Past speakers have included American and foreign diplomats, policy makers, university scholars, and leaders of the business, civic and non-profit communities. The Kozmetsky Center periodically hosts short-term resident visiting scholars and practitioners from the United States and around the world to share their expertise and diverse perspectives with the St. Edward's University community.
About Austin, Texas
Consistently ranked as one of the "top metropolitan areas to live in", by numerous independent media outlets, Austin Texas attracts approximately 50 new residents a day and has been one of the nation's fasting growing cities. St. Edward's is in the heart of this thriving, entrepreneurial, and cosmopolitan city, providing students, faculty, and staff with opportunities to live, learn and grow in an environment that offers a wealth of resources and opportunities. In fact, Austin is home to 17 companies on the Inc. 5000 list and boasts 1.7 times the national average of startups. Additionally, as one of the world's great technology centers, Austin, sometimes referred to as "Silicon Hills," is home to technology heavyweights like Dell, National Instruments, and Silicon Labs.
For more on the City of Austin's offerings, visit The Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau webpage.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an online application at: https://stedwards.applicantpro.com/jobs/656230.html
A brief summary of Benefits can be found here.
Letter of Interest:
• Please provide a letter addressed to Dr. Sharyl Cross, Director, Kozmetsky Center, St. Edward's University describing your interest and motivation in applying for the position and explaining how your educational and professional experience provide the necessary preparation for meeting the designated qualifications and responsibilities for the position
• Current Resume or Curriculum Vitae
• Three professional references with contact information.
Position will remain open until filled and is currently available.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply to our vacancies and hire only U.S. Citizens and documented workers. We do not offer Sponsorship at this time.