Salary: Competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package
Complete job description and application available online at: https://yosemite.peopleadmin.com/postings/3270
Scope of Assignment
The District is governed by a seven member elected Board of Trustees and the Chancellor who serves as the Chief Executive Officer. College Presidents report to the Chancellor and serve as the Chief Administrative Officers and academic leaders on the campuses. Columbia College and Modesto Junior College are comprehensive community colleges with excellent reputations for serving their communities.
• An earned Master’s degree from an accredited university is required. An earned doctorate is preferred.
• Successful senior-level administrative experience and teaching, counseling and/or other faculty experience.
CRITERIA AND QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION INCLUDE:
• Strong decisive leadership experience and a collaborative decision-making style based on participatory governance which seeks to empower others; evidence of accountability for decisions.
• Demonstrated management skills in resource development, financial management, strategic planning, team building and labor relations.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills while maintaining high visibility and an enthusiastic approach to internal and external responsibilities.
• Sensitivity to and support of diversity and equity, and a demonstrated ability to lead an institution that celebrates differences and values inclusion.
• Demonstrated educational leadership experience with a focus on learning, teaching excellence, student success and student support services.
• Understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college with support for transfer, career-technical, basic skills and lifelong learning.
• Ability to work cooperatively with administrators, faculty, staff, students and community members within an innovative unique organizational structure which supports student learning.
• Ability to articulate a vision of community college education and a strong set of values.
• Successful leadership in program development, evaluation and outcomes assessment with demonstrated ability to motivate members of the college community to pursue excellence.
• Demonstrated success with advocacy with an understanding of key issues affecting small rural colleges.
• Knowledge of key education initiatives and priorities in California; e.g. Guided Pathways, Student Success and Equity, Strong Workforce, etc.
• Evidence of effective leadership in establishing a positive institutional presence and image in the community while forming partnerships with various constituencies including business, labor, public schools and community groups.
• Demonstrated working knowledge of and a proactive approach to the implementation of technology in academics, administration and/or management environments.
• A passion for education and excellence and the ability to communicate that passion to learners, the community and the college family.
Example of Duties
The President of Columbia College, under the direction of the Yosemite Community College District’s Chancellor, will be expected to provide strong visionary leadership with a high degree of commitment and personal integrity to address the following issues in the next five to ten years:
• The achievement of educational excellence leading to student success and completion.
• The expansion of programs and services designed to address student and community needs.
• The promotion and facilitation of collegiality, civility and respect among all of the College constituencies.
• The ability to increase the cohesive relationships between the College, its multi-campus facilities, the District Office and Modesto Junior College.
• The integration of technological advancements, academically and administratively.
• The continued expansion of partnerships with educational, business, industry, government and other community organizations.
• The support and nurturing of a positive and collaborative campus climate.
• Leadership of the Columbia College Foundation and the enhancement of the resources available to the College.
• The development of the next Facilities Master Plan, including potential new space needs and upgrades to existing facilities through scheduled maintenance.
Desirable Professional Characteristics
The Chancellor of the Yosemite Community College District and the Columbia College Presidential Search Committee will consider a candidate’s educational background, professional experience and accomplishments, reputation and character in its search for a new president.
YCCD is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.