Online Adjunct - Subject Matter Expert, Mathematics MTEL
Department:: 07-50-5001-TAWC Academic Affairs
Locations:: SPRINGFIELD, MA
Posted:: Feb 06, '18
About Bay Path University:
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: ADJOL
- Job Type: Part-time Adjunct-Non Teaching Role
- Type of Class: Online
- Class Level: Undergraduate
- Project Start Date: 03/05/18
- Project End Date: 05/15/18
This is not a teaching role. Responsibilities include curating content and locating OER resources for an onlineadaptive learning platform, which includes:
- Curate and create content for integration into the adaptive learning platform;
- Curate and create objective formative assessments for the adaptive learning experience;
- Find and generate high quality OER content--text, videos, images, interactive exercises, etc.--that will serve as the primary and alternate learning material in the adaptive learning platform;
- Implement templates and standards as provided by the University;
- Conduct a review of the developed course content for quality assurance;
- Follow copyright principles;
- Follow ADA requirements;
- Facility with technology, and motivation for learning and sharing new tools
Mathematics MA Teacher Exam License, MTEL - Subject Matter Expertto develop course to teach MTEL general curriculum Math sub-test.
- Master's degree required.
- Previous experience in teaching math is required
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own.
- General knowledge of the University'smission, purpose, and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications fromminorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
Bay Path University will become a smoke- andtobacco-freecommunity as ofJuly 1, 2018.