Hardware Support Technician
Job Description Summary:
Job ID: 5225 - Unclassified - FT (Salaried)
Provide service to Miami University community for hardware and software supported by IT Services. Function as a senior support resource and assist other support staff on servicing designated systems, providing ongoing guidance to the support team, and assist in the creation and success of a warranty and non-warranty hardware support center. Organize and maintain work tickets and provide excellent customer service. Troubleshoot and solve complex technical issues related to the designated environment.
1. Provide computer repair support for faculty, staff, and students by directly solving hardware and software issues that have been escalated to the Tier II level, in a timely manner.
2. Document issues and develop quotes for customer system repairs. Explain necessary repairs to customers, exhibiting excellent customer service.
3. Maintain and develop documentation and standard-operating-procedures for existing and novel system repairs, especially those that are not already documented in the Knowledge Base. Analyze and summarize the impact of new processes and technologies in the organization.
4. Act as a liaison between areas within IT Services to coordinate technology projects requiring communication, sharing of information, and cooperation across many areas of expertise.
5. Document needed system components and order from supplier depots, as necessary, maintaining the applicable standards and conditions set for warranty and non-warranty repairs.
6. Seek to improve quality of service levels. Maintain proper training level to provide warranty support for supported hardware and software..
7. Day to day supervision of student staff. Train, assign and inspect work and make employment recommendations. May also train, assign, inspect and direct work of staff. Responsibility for coaching and staff counsel and recommend for disciplinary action.
* Associate's degree or vocational or technical school degree in a related field or any equivalent combination of education and/or experience providing the knowledge/skills/abilities listed may be substituted.
* 1-3 years of related experience in troubleshooting and repairing hardware problems in a complex networked environment (Microsoft Windows, Mac/Apple, Dell). Knowledge of application software, networking, and databases.
OEEO Statement: The University is committed to equal opportunity, affirmative action, and eliminating discrimination and harassment. Miami University does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations/or disabilities related to employment should be directed to [email protected] or 513-529-3560. Miami University's Annual Security and Fire Safety Report with information on campus crime, fires, and safety may be found at: http://miamioh.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/. Hard copy available upon request. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke and tobacco free campuses.